+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected on follish grounds

Cool_143

Oct 26, 2010
I received a call from my agent that my passport has returned with a rejection and the reason for the rejection is Financial sources (I presented 3.2 million bank statement in my case) and they also mentioned the purpose of visit (I had many evidences of home ties like job offer letter and family business in Pakistan)

I think the CHC is follish at times. Financial sources is clearly a bullshit reason as I had already paid my half Fee (2500 CND) + I had a balance of 3.2 million.

No use of reapplying i guess... they may give another bullshit reason..

Disappointed with CHC but not sad... There are alot more countries to apply to.. Inshallah will get to somewhere soon...

Best of luck to all of you..

evolvingfaith

Jul 22, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
IELTS Request
Not needed, took the GRE
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-07-2011 (results forwarded to New Delhi on 05-08-2011)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped 12-08-2011; Valid Till 12-08-2015; Picked up on 18-08-2011 (Total Process Took 8 Weeks)
LANDED..........
Hoping to land on 09-09-2011
Sorry to hear about this. We'd need to know a bit more about your case to understand why the VO might have decided to refuse you, but yeah it does sound like a harsh decision.

Immigration regimes around the world are really quite cruel -- the onus is on us to present as strong a case to the VO as possible.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cool_143 said:
I received a call from my agent that my passport has returned with a rejection and the reason for the rejection is Financial sources (I presented 3.2 million bank statement in my case) and they also mentioned the purpose of visit (I had many evidences of home ties like job offer letter and family business in Pakistan)

I think the CHC is follish at times. Financial sources is clearly a bull*censored word* reason as I had already paid my half Fee (2500 CND) + I had a balance of 3.2 million.

No use of reapplying i guess... they may give another bull*censored word* reason..

Disappointed with CHC but not sad... There are alot more countries to apply to.. Inshallah will get to somewhere soon...

Best of luck to all of you..
Pre payment of tution fees, Pre booking of Air Tickets, and all those "secondary things to do" doesn't ensure Visa.

Don't you think if its Course Mismatch ? (top reason for rejection)

evolvingfaith

Jul 22, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
IELTS Request
Not needed, took the GRE
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped 12-08-2011; Valid Till 12-08-2015; Picked up on 18-08-2011 (Total Process Took 8 Weeks)
LANDED..........
From my experience on this forum, it looks like you need to prove three main things to get the Study Permit:

- That you are actually a genuine student who wants to improve their academic standing and theoretical knowledge (and it looks to me like this is where most people don't make the cut -- could be because they are applying to shoddy programs, because it's obvious that they are using the program as a back-door to PR and are not seriously interested in studying, or because they don't establish it clearly on their statement of purpose that they really need this degree to improve their educational and professional status)

- That you or your parents are financially stable

- That you have good reasons to return to your home country

All the other things count, but if these three points are strong, minor issues with your application will be overlooked.

Wishing all the best for everyone on this forum.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
evolvingfaith said:
From my experience on this forum, it looks like you need to prove three main things to get the Study Permit:

- That you are actually a genuine student who wants to improve their academic standing and theoretical knowledge (and it looks to me like this is where most people don't make the cut -- could be because they are applying to shoddy programs, because it's obvious that they are using the program as a back-door to PR and are not seriously interested in studying, or because they don't establish it clearly on their statement of purpose that they really need this degree to improve their educational and professional status)

- That you or your parents are financially stable

- That you have good reasons to return to your home country

All the other things count, but if these three points are strong, minor issues with your application will be overlooked.

Wishing all the best for everyone on this forum.

BeautifulSoul

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
khi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05th July 2011
Med's Request
04th August 2011
Med's Done....
09th August 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12th August 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Hoping to hear soon..
Hey evo..
though u r quite experiences n hv got visa too.. i wanna know what are the chances of visa after medicals and how many days it take??

evolvingfaith

Jul 22, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
IELTS Request
Not needed, took the GRE
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@candelight:

In my case I told them that with a PhD from SFU, I could apply to tenure-track faculty positions and get full professorships at major universities in Pakistan. That is a clear improvement in my academic standing, employment opportunities and professional standing in my home country (previously I have only been able to apply for positions as a Junior Instructor or a Teaching Fellow). I also had letters of recommendation from recent supervisors in Pakistan backing me up on this.

Also my field -- Psychology -- is practically non-existent in Pakistan as an academic discipline, so it would have been impossible for them to see my degree as unnecessary.

For other fields, you have to say something similar: "Getting this degree from this university in Canada will allow me to get X type of jobs in Pakistan, which is a substantial improvement over my current professional status." That seems to be the best way to establish your intention to return.

evolvingfaith

Jul 22, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
IELTS Request
Not needed, took the GRE
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
BeautifulSoul, the time it takes to get the visa after medicals varies and probably depends a lot on luck, but the chances of it getting refused are low. Give it four weeks before worrying, I'd say.

Cool_143

Oct 26, 2010
I applied for ACCA in LSBF - 7 papers exempted because of my Certified Management Accountant and 7 remaining.

I paid half of the tution fees which was the college requirement.

I had been working in Pakistan for 3 years and meanwhile studying.

I had B.Com, CMA and CAT of ACCA. (No course mismatch)

My parents reside in Kuwait while i was in Pakistan for years (The only thing i doubt that VO may take into consideration that as my family lives outside Pakistan and I may also not return back from canada - But I had a job offer of high salary and designation from my company and also house on my father's name in Pakistan - Land on my mother's name in Pakistan and a family business on my own in Pakistan)

I had covers almost all backloops in my case and I applied through NORANEX consultant (DHA - Lahore)

I had 6.5 Ielts score and a continuos study period. No breaks

The bank account was on my own name.

All i feel is i had a bad chance with CHC-Islamabad but not Bad luck guys because there is something i believe better than this Allah subhanawatallah has written in my fate.

BeautifulSoul

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
khi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05th July 2011
Med's Request
04th August 2011
Med's Done....
09th August 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12th August 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Hoping to hear soon..
Cool143,
mate u dont need to feel sad or low for VO's this decisoin as I would say it might be a purely luck's game..
U can reapply ro try applying for any other country..

evolvingfaith

Jul 22, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
IELTS Request
Not needed, took the GRE
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cool143, it does sound like your case was pretty strong, so this could just be a case of bad luck. Even if you decide not to apply to Canada again, I would recommend you write the CHC a really polite letter explaining why you do not agree with their decision. That way, if you ever decide to apply again, you can attach the refusal letter together with your response and it shows that you are also really confident about your case.

ramzero

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sept-11
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waived
Cool_143 said:
I applied for ACCA in LSBF - 7 papers exempted because of my Certified Management Accountant and 7 remaining.

I paid half of the tution fees which was the college requirement.

I had been working in Pakistan for 3 years and meanwhile studying.

I had B.Com, CMA and CAT of ACCA. (No course mismatch)

My parents reside in Kuwait while i was in Pakistan for years (The only thing i doubt that VO may take into consideration that as my family lives outside Pakistan and I may also not return back from canada - But I had a job offer of high salary and designation from my company and also house on my father's name in Pakistan - Land on my mother's name in Pakistan and a family business on my own in Pakistan)

I had covers almost all backloops in my case and I applied through NORANEX consultant (DHA - Lahore)

I had 6.5 Ielts score and a continuos study period. No breaks

The bank account was on my own name.

All i feel is i had a bad chance with CHC-Islamabad but not Bad luck guys because there is something i believe better than this Allah subhanawatallah has written in my fate.
when did you apply for visa?

I applied too I got such a lame excuse that my expiry date exceed before the processing period :s at the same day 2 people got medical call on same grounds and 2 got rejection on this issue.

I applied on 11-June-2011 and got documents back on 16-Aug-2011 now I am re-applying with new LOA of next intake which is in Jan
we had enough time if we apply now . .

I haven't give SOP in my case but in your case I really recommend you to right a SOP just act like a VO and you find gaps in your case . . :)
Highlight those issues and resend your application asap.

I also left with 6 papers waiting for result which is coming on monday if i clear my exam I just left with 4 papers only . . as I am appearing in Jan intake i wont miss my dec exams so i don't know when i landed there how many papers left for me to study than my plans to do CGA.