+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected after 57 days waiting

rehabc

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Applied on March 13 and got mu passport today.

Reasons:
Will not leave Canada
Finance not sufficient for education
Immigration status
Lack of Employment opportunity in home country
Travel History

My Profile:
Cbse 10 grade: 75%
Cbse 12 grade: 76%

Applied from: Kuwait
Nationality: Bangladesh

York University
May Intake
Business and society

I do not understand their reasons.
My father is running manpower company with more than 43k dollar income. I applied York with sole intention to study orelse I could apply cheaper university.

How many months should I wait before reapplying ? Can I try September

I will apply from Bangladesh this time.

Forum members residing in Dhaka kindly help me brothers

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
If you like to wait then apply for CAIPS or otherwise Make a well study plan and sop in which try to write according to your refusal reasons. Insufficient finance don't always mean lack of money there are several reasons behind it.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
That's unfortunate! Have you showed any ties to a Kuwait that you will leave Canada and return? Immigration status in Kuwait? Have you provided Iqama?

rehabc

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Travel history no clue:
I travelled Bangladesh on January
And also I went New York and Returned.

Immigration status:
Before applying I renewed my 1 year Iqama as student only.

Ties:
My fathet has established business in Kuwait and of course I will take care of that.
In Bangladesh we have properties worth 500,000+ dollar and also it is rental building. So we get rent as income source to.

The thing is, my brother just got graduated and is PGWP currently since his sole reason is study hence did not apply PR.
I thought they might refuse on that. But they did not have problem with it.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
1. Did you write a clear SOP?

2. How many funds did you show in liquid assets (Savings account)

3. The 'will not leave Canada' condition could be linked to your brother on his PGWP...

Apply for CAIPS and good luck,

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travel History
VO's do not like when the first country to travel to the WEST is Canada. If you travelled to Europe, for example, and CAME BACK home- for CIC that means you are not going to stay in Canada illegally (like, if you want to stay illegaly just to leave your country of residence you already could do in European country)

Will not leave Canada
brotther in Canada + no ties in homeland.
Finance not sufficient for education
- you did not describe your situation (what you showed to VO)
Immigration status
- What is it in Kuwait?
Lack of Employment opportunity in home country
Living in Kuwait lessens your ties to home country.
What are you doing for living? Where? How does you employment and education fit in your intention to study in Canada?

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
Let's say you never went to a European country, but got a visit visa to Canada but never used it and still valid. Does it strengthen or weaken student visa application?

rehabc

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
I submitted my passport which had USA visa. I went as tourist and also returned. It should make them think that I will not reside illegally !

I will write exact thing which they have mentioned:

I am not satisfied you have sufficient and available financial resources, wihtout working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue

Factors:
Your travel history

Your Immigration status
I am living in Kuwait under family Visa not work visa. I guess the reason I got rejected since I have lived here prolonged (19+ years). But my family lives here and I am studying through my life in Kuwait.

Length of proposed study
It is average 4 years for Business and Society, I do not know how could they think of alteration.

Purpose of visit
My first priority was getting good education since I have applied to a reputed university

Limited employment prospect in country of residence
Business and construction is one of the best field in Kuwait for income

Your current employment situation
I just did one internship after my school and gave that single letter with application. It was unpaid.
I was student while applying, even on my Kuwait its written Student (under family). Then why they include such reason

I guess they do not accept much from Kuwait and maybe they felt I cannot pay since my university fee is more than 19,000 early for the opted course, but I had financial backup...

The thing which they did not tick for rejection:
Your family ties in Canada, means they did not have problem with my brother. Since he is also just PGWP, not a PR applicant

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my passport which had USA visa. I went as tourist and also returned. It should make them think that I will not reside illegally !
Did you write a cover (explanatory/motivation) letter to VO? Explaining them WHY would you like to study in Canada and not anywhere else. You need a good reason for that. "You wish" is not enough.

I am not satisfied you have sufficient and available financial resources, wihtout working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue
You have not describe what funds and from what sources did you have to show to VO. It is obvious that there was not enough money for the duration of your intended studying. So, HOW MUCH do you have to show them? :)

My father is running manpower company with more than 43k dollar income
A year? And how he is going to pay for your 4 years+living expences for 4 years with just 43 000 a year?
Factors:
Your travel history -
mention your trip to USA in your cover letter.

Your Immigration status
I am living in Kuwait under family Visa not work visa. I guess the reason I got rejected since I have lived here prolonged (19+ years). But my family lives here and I am studying through my life in Kuwait.
Did you send them a copy of your visa? As well as other proof of you living there for 19 years? I mean papers/documents.

Length of proposed study
It is average 4 years for Business and Society, I do not know how could they think of alteration.
Limited employment prospect in country of residence
Business and construction is one of the best field in Kuwait for income
Then convince them in your cover letter.
Purpose of visit
My first priority was getting good education since I have applied to a reputed university
Why canada? Why not UK/USA or university in Europe (they have a lot of teaching in English) BUT the country where you brother lives and applied fot PR?

I guess they do not accept much from Kuwait and maybe they felt I cannot pay since my university fee is more than 19,000 early for the opted course, but I had financial backup...
How much? Tuition for 4 years + 4 years of living.

The thing which they did not tick for rejection:
Your family ties in Canada, means they did not have problem with my brother. Since he is also just PGWP, not a PR applicant
Who are you kidding? ;D

rehabc

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
I have written a well explanation on my cover letter, I stated that I also applied in UK but Canada is better in many terms.

About Money statement:
My father monthly income is 43k
Father had saving account is 23k cad in Bangladesh, which I provided
apart from that Father showed his personal bank statement with 33k cad 7 months.

Immigration:
I have send all documents about my Kuwait residency.

and my brother did not apply for PR since he just wants degree, hence he applied as PGWP. Jobs are better paid in middle east.

But what reason is
Current employment, I did not understand that...
Anyway I guess I should leave this rejection behind and re apply again.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My father monthly income is 43k
Father had saving account is 23k cad in Bangladesh, which I provided
apart from that Father showed his personal bank statement with 33k cad 7 months.
I think I am confused with currence rate. 43000 a month in what currency? CAD? Then why only 23k+33k=56k are availble? Or $43 000 a month is in some other than CAD currency?

Your tuition will be $19 000 CAD for a year? Am I correct? 4 years x 19000+4 yrs x $10 000 living expenses = $116,000 CAD v. $56,000 you have right now.

VO cannot read your brother mind. And two brothers in Canada is a pattern.

About current employment- my guess is your cover letter was not clear and convincing enough. And, of course, there is that matter of money.

rehabc

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Let me make clear :D

My father has contract with Kuwait Manpower , where he supplies manpower. So he maintains 2 accounts, Company and personal.

We showed business documents where he showed his company income and all necessary things and also cheques which he got. Since it is a company account, money comes and goes. (For ties)
Apart from that he also showed his personal account which had 33k cad.

And I knew we had to show 1 year expense, and how can a person show 4 year expense ! Its not that father will stop earning and liquidate his comapany in 4 years :p

Emplyment:
I never worked... My visa is without work permit in Kuwait. I applied as student.

After going through everything above...
So should I re-apply from Bangladesh since I am from there and latest date I apply

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And I knew we had to show 1 year expense, and how can a person show 4 year expense
Could your father prove to VO that he will be able to spend 19000+10000=$ 29 000 CAD a year for your education in Canada for the next 3 yrs without getting his business go bankrupt? :) If yes, then let him PROVE that to VO. His company financial statments for the last 3 years. His personal bank account statement showing money coming from his business to his account regularly (as salary or dividends) and some of them he is able (after living expenses)to put into saving account (to use for your education and living)....

I think you should re-apply. Just prepare everything thoroughly. Even about your brother- tell VO that he is going to come back because he will have more opportunities in Middle East than he will ever have in Canada. :) And that your purpose is too- only to get Western education.

You should provide document evidence for any statement you make in your motivation letter !

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t125685.0.html