+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa refusel due to family tie in Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I provide their money in the bank(80000Yuan)
Did you transfer money to your sister/brother-in-law's bank account?

One advice:
Any reference to currency, throughout a TRV application, must be in both the local currency + CAD. For example, XXXX Chinese Yuan/XX CAD

Here are my suggestions:
Properties:
Property ownership documents (translated into English by a certified translator, if necessary) + latest property tax receipts/local taxes paid + property valuation (either done by yourself or a chartered accountant/certified property assessor) to give the latest market value of each property + if there is no mortgage then highlight this fact

Along with the lease agreement, you must include 2-3 rent payments/bank transfers for this.

Employment:
Employment letter/certificate of employment + 4-6 months salary slips/bank transfers + leave approval letters stating they will have their jobs when they return + 4-6 months' bank statements to prove their savings match their income + 2 years tax returns

If they have any specific reason to return to work: For example, project completion or salary hike or promotion then include evidence of this.

Their son:
His birth certificate + house registry which shows they live at the same address + evidence that he is in school i.e. his school admission/tuition fees receipt + mention he will temporarily stay with XX relative when they visit Canada

Your parents:
Do they live with your sister?
Are they dependent on your sister financially or for their well-being?
Do they have any medical condition which requires personal care by your sister? Any scheduled doctor's appointments (if applicable)?

Financial:
4-6 months bank statements (any large deposits must be explained with evidence + must be earned by them, no cash deposits) + any financial investments (bank term deposits, pension funds, shares/stocks, insurance, etc)

Itinerary:
A detailed day-by-day itinerary like a typical tourist + to spend time with you/your family.... with expense estimates for each day.... for places they will go sightseeing, some days can be for relaxing at home.... and prove they can pay for this itinerary + airfare with their own earnings

I forgot put their UIC No. Do you think that might be the case? If that's the reason,
No, this would not have resulted in their TRV refusal.

btw did they have any previous TRV refusal in the past before this? If yes, when did they apply and what were the reasons for that refusal?

Cheers

Ibelieve1

Nov 7, 2016
Thank you very much Bryanna. It's very detailed.

I only provide half of their assets at the first time(it was my fault, I couldn't fit their assets into 4GB to upload, I was so frustrated and tired so I just simply deleted some document). It was refused due to Travel History, Purpose of Visit and Personal Assets. Then I immediately reapplied with providing all the assets. Then the second time was refused due to Travel History, purpose of visit and Family Tie in Canada. Since they don't worry the Personal Assets anymore, do you think I still need provide more info for that? How do I prove their son live with them?

I appreciate

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
Financial:
4-6 months bank statements (any large deposits must be explained with evidence + must be earned by them, no cash deposits) + any financial investments (bank term deposits, pension funds, shares/stocks, insurance, etc)
Just to add: Attach an interpretatation in English for any document in Chinese.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Since they don't worry the Personal Assets anymore, do you think I still need provide more info for that?
My advice is to prepare their applications.... as perfect as possible.... for all possible refusal points.... like as if you are applying for the first time.

Please do not pick-and-choose refusal reasons. Also, do not drop some evidence if the file size exceeds 4 MB. That evidence could prove to be very vital for the visa officer to make a decision.

Also, as your sister and brother-in-law already have two previous TRV refusals, I would prepare their new applications with the utmost caution.... not in a hurry.

How do I prove their son live with them?
I had answered this in my previous post in this thread.

Also, do check/include evidence against the other points which I had mentioned in my previous post here (viz. your parents, cash/large deposits in their bank account, financial investments, property valuation, etc etc)

Ibelieve1

Nov 7, 2016
Forgot to tell you Bryanna, I never transferred money to my sister and her husband's account. They bought our furniture in order to help us to have enough money to immigrate Canada in 1998. They are the one support us and our family a lot.

Ibelieve1

Nov 7, 2016
My sister visit my parents often buying things for them cook for them........, There is no evidence for that. I really don't know how to prove it. I only have two pictures which my sister took when they went sightseeing, my sister send it to me via the webchat. My father has to use the walker, they don't go out often. I didn't know it's this hard to apply visitor visa to visit their family in Canada.

LuckyAngelSweety

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you take help of some immigration consultant to have this refusals understood and applied again appropriately ? They have lot of experience in this.

LuckyAngelSweety

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibelieve1 said:
Thanks Sweety. Do you know how much it will cost? Where I can find them?
Can you search on the internet for the city you are living in ? Some of the good consultants are KPMG, Green & Spiegel etc. They have their own cost for various types of Visas. It would be good if you can get in touch with them and find out.

Ibelieve1

Nov 7, 2016
Thanks a lot. I don't know if I should do that. Must cost a lot. People on this forum have already give me some advice. I don't know if I should apply again.

Ibelieve1

Nov 7, 2016
"Founds Available for My Stay", I put $8000 for each of them because they have 80000Yuan on their bank slip. 80000/2/5=$8000. Do you think CIC might think it is too much for their one month stay?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can you recheck the currency conversion.... Chinese Yuan 80,000 = CAD 15,875 approx..... and not CAD 8,000

To answer your question:
No amount of funds is *too much* for a visit. A stronger financial situation means the visitor can pay for his/her visit + is likely to return home.

If you prepare the day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates, you will get a near-exact idea about the funds required for the visit + airfare