+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa refused

sahb1989

Nov 14, 2011
I got rejection for jan 2012 intake
my IELTS score was 6.5 bands and applied for pot graduate diploma in wireless networking and percentage in my bachelors in computer application is 61% and was completed in december 2010 so gap was one year and it is accepted I guess
and reasons given are
poor language ability- damn having 6.5 bands and having marks above 70 in both 10th n +2 its really embarrassing to get this reason
this study is available in india - damn every course is available in india so what is the fun to apply for study permit if such rejection reason is to be given
CHC sucks
atleast senseless and authentic reason shoulld be given in case of rejection
is their any thing i can do?

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
sahb1989 said:
my IELTS score was 6.5 bands and applied for pot graduate diploma in wireless networking and percentage in my bachelors in computer application is 61% and was completed in december 2010 so gap was one year and it is accepted I guess
and reasons given are
poor language ability- damn having 6.5 bands and having marks above 70 in both 10th n +2 its really embarrassing to get this reason
this study is available in india - damn every course is available in india so what is the fun to apply for study permit if such rejection reason is to be given
CHC sucks
Which college & what was your individual band score?

sahb1989

Nov 14, 2011
george brown college
requirement was 6 bands not less then 5.5 bands
and mine score was 6.5(r-5.5,w-6,l-7,s-6.5)

tonysilas

Jun 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahb1989 said:
and reasons given are
CHC sucks
don't worry mate. AFAIK 6.5 bands is an average score. try this exam again. What the visa officer is expecting from you is, why did you opt for Canada though the course is available in India. you must have told him why you rated canada study more to india. Another factor is you have applied for a diploma. so he must have felt that you are just taking this course to settle there. from seniors here, i understood that PGD are prone for rejection more than masters. i personally feel that having 70 in 10th and +2 doesn't bother him much. he just checks the previous study. i have 90% in my 10th and +2. how much funds did you show?? all these reasons must have led you to rejection. try again!! you'll succeed. cheers!!

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
sahb1989 said:
and reasons given are
CHC sucks
Its strange, when I started reading your post I thought it would be study mismatch as many students applying for Wireless Networking/Telecom after BCA get that but the reason they have provided are a bit absurd as people do get VISA even at 6 bands. The other reason is kind of generic.

You can always reapply, but try changing the course before reapplying. You can search on this forum about people who have done BCA and the course they have chosen and try applying based on that.

PS. 5.5 bands in Reading might have caused the problem as well. Try taking IELTS again.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
asadallofme said:
5.5+6+7+6.5 = 25 /4 = 6.25 which is not 6.5 bands dear... it will round off to 6 bands..
He must have the result with him so if its 6.5 on it, its 6.5.

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
sahb1989 said:
george brown college
Sorry to hear about your rejection. You are having minimum band 5.5 in each module, then why 'poor language ability' is one of the reason of your rejection!?!

vini8992

Oct 29, 2011
jalandhar
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
sahb1989 said:
george brown college

firstly i think ur 5.5 bands in reading is d prob as ur applying after graduation. secondly i dun knw why they dun havn't given reason of course mismatch but acc to me as ur frm computer background n wireless is related tgo electrnoics n comm field..

apply agagin under general wid some diff course..hopefully u wil get visa second time..

Canada Help

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Hello,

I will what my take on the topic is.Firstly don't expect the visa official to be very straightforward and give u the exact reason for refusal.It's somewhat like"Haathi ke daant kkane ke aur,dikhane ke aur"

I think you should reapply.Make you case strong this time.Firstly you can show more that adequate funds and then if ur father is well settled you may as well submit his ITR and Form 16.

from my expereince i can tell you that if you are well off academically and financially then u are done.

See how u can build on these 2 points and u should be through.

best of luck .

niaziwal

Oct 7, 2011
Peshawar-Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC - ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Insha'allah in August
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'allah before September
LANDED..........
Insha'allah in September
bro , sorry for hearing about your application rejection. however wish good luck next time.

can you tell me have you done your medical? or rejected before medical

boota

Oct 30, 2011
Bro sorry to hear this news...try again you'll get next time don't worry

Did they put Refusal stamp on your passport or just refusal letter?

khurana

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2011
LANDED..........
28-12-2011
oops!
bro m relly sorry to hear this shocking news
believe in god n go for the next step nw, dont look at back n move further with high desire n faith in god!

sahb1989

Nov 14, 2011
thank you for sympathy guys :) well bands were not a problem because requirement was 6 bands not less than 5.5 \n neither was course selection because many people from bca already went in that course but the problem was that we have applied for pr on pt system in 2006 and result is awaiting may be that is the reason they might thought that they r npt succeeding that way so they are trying to come some other way else everyone are getting visa 99 % is the success rate and I was 1 out of hundred never mind new zealand is always a option :p after getting pr from new zealand i will shift to canada lets c
thank you so much guys :)

sahb1989

Nov 14, 2011
royalsting said:
He must have the result with him so if its 6.5 on it, its 6.5.
mate anything divided by 4 and above integer rounds to next band like for 6.5 bands we need atleast 25 and 6.5 bands lasts from 25 to 26.5
dnt worry m gud at calculations ;)