+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa refusal record for applying PR

samidare

Sep 5, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm applying for PR as the sponsor family class, but there's one thing I'm worried about.

Recently I got refused the working holiday visa in the UK which called Tier5/YMS.
I'm sure there was just a missing document or something small issue, and I've tried to request the administrative review but UK did not say YES after all.
Because even If there is a missing document I have to make my whole application again and it costs about 1000CAD. which is totally stupid, they don't accept new evidence with old application.
I don't know why.
Anyways, I have already got a lot of shit from UK immigration office and I feel like I don't want to affect them anymore so I think I have to give up for cleaning up my record... which is sad.

And now, I'm preparing for PR in Canada,
One of the application doc is asking me 'Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?'.
I'm afraid of saying NO because you never know how to be connected or exchanged information of the person through the passport between all over the countries.

Here's my question, If I say YES in this section, how do you explain your situation that you got refused in another country? Like nicely. and It might be a long story and you can't tell everything like at the custom as well.
And, what's going to happen if I say NO?

If there's someone who had been in the similar situation before, or knows these kinds of situation I'd be appreciated if you could help me.
Thank you,

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If you don't tell them that's misrepresentation, IRCC will find out and you risk being banned from Canada for 5 years.
Just answer yes and tell them you aren't certain of the reasons for refusal. No need for a documentary if you don't know the exact reason for the UK refusal. Just be honest.