+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Question

Lynnekovan

Sep 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am a Canadian citizen, in the process of completing the documentation to sponsor my British husband for permanent residency in Canada.We should send it off within the next 2 weeks. We are likely to move to Canada before approval has been granted. What is the best way for my husband to stay while we wait? He won't need a work permit, as he works for an American company. Will a visitor's visa be the answer? If so, how to we apply, and how long does it last?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,

Lynne

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Lynnekovan said:
Hi, I am a Canadian citizen, in the process of completing the documentation to sponsor my British husband for permanent residency in Canada.We should send it off within the next 2 weeks. We are likely to move to Canada before approval has been granted. What is the best way for my husband to stay while we wait? He won't need a work permit, as he works for an American company. Will a visitor's visa be the answer? If so, how to we apply, and how long does it last?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,

Lynne
1. UK citizens don't require visitor's visas (TRVs)
2. So there is a good chance that he would be admitted as a visitor for 6 months on entry.
3. Proof of funds, return ticket (usually cheaper than a one-way anyhow) and if ask, tells the IO that he has a PR application in progress.
4. Proof of work for US company.

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......