+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa processing queries

majica12

Nov 25, 2009
hi! I'm an applicant for live-in caregiver here in the Philippines. I had my S.P.E.A.K. test and after 2weeks the embassy notified me to have my medical examination and send my passport and other documents from my employer and so I did last september 28,2009. I had my medical exam at Nationwide Health System, and they told me they have sent my medical result at the embassy last October 6, 2009 and until now I haven't heard from the embassy. my employer was asking me if I could inquire about my status because it's been 2 months. How long will the visa processing take? Does 2months of not sending me request to take re-medical exam means I passed the medical? I have sent an inquiry at the embassy thru mail but there's still no response until now. i hope someone could answer my question. thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

majica12 said:
hi! I'm an applicant for live-in caregiver here in the Philippines. I had my S.P.E.A.K. test and after 2weeks the embassy notified me to have my medical examination and send my passport and other documents from my employer and so I did last september 28,2009. I had my medical exam at Nationwide Health System, and they told me they have sent my medical result at the embassy last October 6, 2009 and until now I haven't heard from the embassy. my employer was asking me if I could inquire about my status because it's been 2 months. How long will the visa processing take? Does 2months of not sending me request to take re-medical exam means I passed the medical? I have sent an inquiry at the embassy thru mail but there's still no response until now. i hope someone could answer my question. thank you!
According to Manila's posted processing times 12-18 months for LCP after a complete application is received.

PMM

majica12

Nov 25, 2009
thanks, yes that was written in their letter. i have passed my first documents last year september 2008 and now was my 14th month including the exam and medical. i was just wondering how long the processing of visa will be after the medical examination. thank you.

win

Jul 8, 2010
any update majica?coz im in the same situation right now..when did you received ur visa? im also worried pls help.tnx a lot

jenah

Jul 9, 2010
hi,..my visa has been expired but i still have my open work permit.do i need to apply for extension of visa,or is it a problem?what should i do?thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
jenah said:
hi,..my visa has been expired but i still have my open work permit.do i need to apply for extension of visa,or is it a problem?what should i do?thank you
Yes, you have to apply for a TRV just in case you needed to go out of the country. You can send your application either to Buffalo or Seattle.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSCANADA