+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa on process (september intake)

Jae May

Jun 1, 2018
Anyone here who applied for Regular application for study permit? How long will it take?

Jey18

Aug 2, 2018
Hi! I applied thru online last june 14. I got an email for medical exam request on june 19 and went for medical exam on june 23. Last july 4, status was updated- medical exam passed. On july 9, they requested for my NBI clearance and submitted same day. I finally got my application approved last july 27. So, my entire application process takes exactly 6 weeks from the date i submitted my application. Are you applying from the Philippines?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jae May

Jae May

Jun 1, 2018
Hi, yes I am applying from the Phillipines. Study permit to canada. I submitted my documents (VFS Global Makati)

qaplaza

Jul 14, 2018
Hi! I applied thru online last june 14. I got an email for medical exam request on june 19 and went for medical exam on june 23. Last july 4, status was updated- medical exam passed. On july 9, they requested for my NBI clearance and submitted same day. I finally got my application approved last july 27. So, my entire application process takes exactly 6 weeks from the date i submitted my application. Are you applying from the Philippines?
Hi Congratulations!

I applied thru regular (paper application). Got approved last 16 July. Just wondering what kind of approval letter you received from IRCC, mine is empty as it doesn’t say anything about my details (name, UIC). It looks like a general approval letter. How about yours? Can you share please?

Jey18

Aug 2, 2018
Hi Congratulations!

I applied thru regular (paper application). Got approved last 16 July. Just wondering what kind of approval letter you received from IRCC, mine is empty as it doesn’t say anything about my details (name, UIC). It looks like a general approval letter. How about yours? Can you share please?
Thank you! Congratulations to you too! :)
I received a correspondence letter from them saying that my application was approved. It was stated there that i have to bring it when i go to go Canda since this will be their reference in issuing my study permit upon arrival.

It looks like this:

Unique Client Identifier:------
Application Number: ------

My name
Address

Dear ---------,

Your application to study in Canada has been approved. A permit authorizing your studies will be issued to you on your arrival to Canada following an examination by an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency, subject to your compliance with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. The officer will ask to see this letter, your passport and may request to see your supporting documents, such as the letter of acceptance from your educational institution. Do not pack these or other valuable papers in your checked luggage. You can find out more about which documents you will need to bring with you by visiting www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-arriving.asp

As you gather your documents, please take note of the following:
• This letter is not a passport or travel document. You will not be permitted to board your flight without your passport, even if you have this letter with you.
• This letter is not an authorization permitting you to enter or remain in Canada. An officer of the Canada Border Services Agency will make that determination upon your arrival to Canada.
• This letter is important because it contains information that will be used by the Canada Border Services Agency to issue your study permit.
Please do not misplace it.

Reactions: qaplaza

qaplaza

Jul 14, 2018
Hi Jay.

Thank you for replying. I haven’t received any correspondence letter from VFS or IRCC. I have the same letter format but the problem is it does not mention about my details. My agent told me they received the letter together with all the other documents which they submitted to VFS. Mine was also processed in Philippines though I’m an OFW here in Dubai. How do you think I can get this kind of approval letter? I checked my GC Key account but it Is not also sent there, no letter or message link.

Jey18

Aug 2, 2018
Hi Jay.

Thank you for replying. I haven’t received any correspondence letter from VFS or IRCC. I have the same letter format but the problem is it does not mention about my details. My agent told me they received the letter together with all the other documents which they submitted to VFS. Mine was also processed in Philippines though I’m an OFW here in Dubai. How do you think I can get this kind of approval letter? I checked my GC Key account but it Is not also sent there, no letter or message link.
Sorry but i don't know as to where you can get that kind of letter since i just received it in my GCkey account because my application was thru online. Maybe you just have to ask your agent to help you coordinate with vfs regarding your concern.

qaplaza

Jul 14, 2018
Thanks Jay. Maybe we have different approval letter because mine is paper based application.

Good luck!

Reactions: Jey18