+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa office - Generic application form

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
As per guide, if we live in Canada ( work in Canada), I should select CPP-O as visa office in the application form ? is my understanding correct? But, I am little confused when I read some of the discussion in the form : The visa office will be assigned by the officer...what does it mean?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
IMMI_123 said:
As per guide, if we live in Canada ( work in Canada), I should select CPP-O as visa office in the application form ? is my understanding correct? But, I am little confused when I read some of the discussion in the form : The visa office will be assigned by the officer...what does it mean?
You MAY select CPP-O, but you can also select the visa office that serves your country of nationality.

When you select a visa office, you are indicating your PREFERENCE. The final decision is made by CIC.

Alex 1300

Oct 3, 2012
Hi guys,

On the generic application form, for question 4, immigration office requested for processing the application:

I clicked on "immigration office", then "Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada." as I am applying under Economic program, then "Economic Classes", then I found the following:
"Centralized Intake Office – Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
P.O. BOX 4000
Sydney, NS B1P 1J3
Canada"

Do you guys know if it is what I should write there or not? I was told I should write CPP-Ottawa...

Thanks for replying...

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Alex 1300 said:
Hi guys,

On the generic application form, for question 4, immigration office requested for processing the application:

I clicked on "immigration office", then "Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada." as I am applying under Economic program, then "Economic Classes", then I found the following:
"Centralized Intake Office – Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
P.O. BOX 4000
Sydney, NS B1P 1J3
Canada"

Do you guys know if it is what I should write there or not? I was told I should write CPP-Ottawa...

Thanks for replying...
As per below link, the Visa Office for you will be CPP-O if you are applying from within Canada and lawfully admitted there for a period of at least 1 year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

But you'll mail your application package to CIO, Nova Scotia as per the instructions on that page, quoted below.

"All new Economic Class applications must first be mailed to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada."

From CIO, your application will be passed onto CPP-O.