+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa issuance taking too long

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
hello, i had my medical exams done in 8 December 2008, (manila) . 3 other fellow applicants had theirs 3 days later than mine. They received their visa yesterday, i haven't. should i be worried? we all went to the same testing area. Thanks

oh and by the way, i am negative of any contagious whatever and strong as a bull.

confusedme

Nov 28, 2008
Hi, me i had my medical exams done on dec 9, but until now never heard anything from the embassy.. my LMO was expired on jan2 but they didnt ask me to extend my LMO, i have wrked in macau and singapore but they still didnt request to get a police clearance from singapore.. dunno whats goin on with my application.. anyone here who had their medical exams last dec 9 and gotten their VISA already? or anyone here who have wrked in singapore and now got an application for canada??? your inputs are very much appreciated.. thanks..

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
I had also my medicals last dec 8, 2008 here in Davao City and I'm still waiting up to now.. Hoping to have good news soon..

confusedme

Nov 28, 2008
just an update guys,, I already have my VISA! Praise God... Thanks to those who helped, shared their opinions and thoughts with me!!! God Bless you always!!!!

migwelder

Star Member
Oct 22, 2008
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Nomination.....
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
Nice to hear that a fellow kababayan makes his Canadian dream come true.

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Here's my timeline

Medical - October 2008
Passport request - Early February 2009
VISA -- Nothing yet...

Will there be a possiblity that my application be denied though they've requested for my passport?

C

cchabert

mitchieline said:
Here's my timeline

Medical - October 2008
VISA -- Nothing yet...

Will there be a possiblity that my application be denied though they've requested for my passport?
Medical in October and passport in Feb..are you in FSW or PNP?

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
cchabert said:
mitchieline said:
Here's my timeline

Medical - October 2008
VISA -- Nothing yet...

Medical in October and passport in Feb..are you in FSW or PNP?

Im under FSW.. Is the PNP Process really a lot faster than PNP?

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
it looks like PNP is way faster than FSW. I am thinking of re applying (my wife this time being the principal applicant) thru PNP.. They say it will just take a couple of months..BTW, my FSW application was submitted in Dec of 2004.

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
kelmolab said:
it looks like PNP is way faster than FSW. I am thinking of re applying (my wife this time being the principal applicant) thru PNP.. They say it will just take a couple of months..BTW, my FSW application was submitted in Dec of 2004.
I agree, Ive submitted mine last july 2004 and we just submitted our passport recently... Hope that everything will be ok..

solowista_07

Sep 28, 2008
swents8 said:
If some company wants you, it can go quickly. Otherwise it could take years.
IS THIS A FACT???

Well, coz one of my friends got his TW Visa after 3 months of submitting his application in Abu Dhabi. His a Chef and will be working in Edmonton. He told me that his company asks his Application No# or something. (I think that is the number that you can find in the receipt once you pay for the application). He also added that his company got the file number and follow up his TW Visa Application.

His Time line:

Sept 21, 2008 = Applied for Temporary Working Visa (Abu Dhabi, UAE)

Dec 06, 2008 = Got An email from Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi ( that his VISA is READY)

(NO MEDICAL NO INTERVIEW)

Am still waiting for my visa. I applied Last Nov 09, 2008 and it’s almost 4 months now by next week. They said I need to wait maximum of 6 months. Bu Do you think if I will speak to my employer and give my "APPLICATION NUMBER" can they do anything to make my application faster????

Thnx!