+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa has been voided

Chang06

Sep 14, 2017
my mom is holding a multiple visa and got 45days left before it expires., got advised from a canadian immigration officer to get a new or renew her visa so we decided to let her travel here in canada for my husband is in medical condition and we need a family member to take care of our children and renew or get her a new visa when she arrives here but unfortunately when she was in the airport upon checking in she is told that her visa is already VOIDED. We didnt get any notice or advice that the visa is no longer valid even my mom is not aware they should atleast marked her visa attached so she knew that this is no longer valid. What should we do.

Chang06

Sep 14, 2017
Thanks Buletruck. Yes we are going to get a new visa for my mom but what im trying to point is my mom get embarass at the airport for she get advise to get new visa but hasnt told that they voided her remaining visa. They should mark or rip the old passport with visa attach so my mom wont use it anymore.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Personally, I don't think it's IRCC's responsibility to keep everyone up to date on the status of their TRV/visa/PR. And I doubt they have the staffing to do that anyway. Perhaps the last immigration officer should have made it clearer, but with only 45 days left on the visa, it probably would have been wise to apply for a new one (6 months in advance would be my suggestion) to avoid these kinds of complicatiins. Just my personal opinion and certainly not a statement about anyone. Other may feel different.

Chang06

Sep 14, 2017
Personally, I don't think it's IRCC's responsibility to keep everyone up to date on the status of their TRV/visa/PR. And I doubt they have the staffing to do that anyway. Perhaps the last immigration officer should have made it clearer, but with only 45 days left on the visa, it probably would have been wise to apply for a new one (6 months in advance would be my suggestion) to avoid these kinds of complicatiins. Just my personal opinion and certainly not a statement about anyone. Other may feel different.
I understand that they have the right to void somebody elses visas but do you think it is right to do it without giving any notice or advice to the holder? And 45days of visa is still valid to enter canada and process or get a new visa here unless otherwise there are some issue arises on your port of entry.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I think it's the visa holders responsibility to ensure they have the correct/valid documents to travel to Canada. If you feel that they should have done something different or wrong, send a complaint to IRCC about it. My opinion obviously doesn't align with yours, but the best thing is for you to contact them and get them to clarify and provide you with a better understanding. Good luck and I'd love to hear if there is some subtle clause they use in situations like your moms.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.aspP

Chang06

Sep 14, 2017
I think it's the visa holders responsibility to ensure they have the correct/valid documents to travel to Canada. If you feel that they should have done something different or wrong, send a complaint to IRCC about it. My opinion obviously doesn't align with yours, but the best thing is for you to contact them and get them to clarify and provide you with a better understanding. Good luck and I'd love to hear if there is some subtle clause they use in situations like your moms.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.aspP
Thank you for giving time replying on my post its nice to feel there's somebody share their ideas and opinions.