+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa granted in Singapore. Wanted to go to home country before going to Canada

moji

Feb 1, 2013
Hi all,

Anyone who has a similar case as stated below?

I am a foreign worker with a work permit here in Singapore and my application for work permit in Canada has been approved. I plan to go back to home country for a week then come back here in Singapore and will have my exit here going to Canada.

Will it complicate my entry to Canada?

Please help.

gogagig

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
If you've done everything legally, why would there be a problem if you go to your home country (or anywhere in the world)?

moji

Feb 1, 2013
Thanks for the reply. But my main concern is, I have processed and obtained the approval of my visa in Singapore. Will the high Commission of Canada require me again to get another Police Certificate to every country I will visit outside Singapore before finally going to Canada? As the last requirement for the grant of my visa here in Singapore is the Certificate of Clearance/Police clearance from Singapore Police Office.

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
PCC is not required for workpermits. Not sure why you have to submit in singapore.

But visiting your home country before leaving to Canada should not be a problem.

moji

Feb 1, 2013
Thanks crama123.

High Commission of Canada required me to furnish Police clearance from Singapore since I am employed here.

I plan to go back to my home country then come back here and I will be having my exit here in Singapore going to Canada.

My worry is, when I land to Canada, they might question my exit in Singapore and why not exit from my home country instead.

Please enlighten more...

Thanks.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
moji said:
Thanks crama123.

High Commission of Canada required me to furnish Police clearance from Singapore since I am employed here.

I plan to go back to my home country then come back here and I will be having my exit here in Singapore going to Canada.

My worry is, when I land to Canada, they might question my exit in Singapore and why not exit from my home country instead.

Please enlighten more...

Thanks.
Where is your home country? There's a specific procedure that they required
depends on your country of origin.

moji

Feb 1, 2013
Hi Wsongco,

I am from Philippines.

Maybe you could help me if you have an idea on entry/exit procedures.

I just received the approval of my work permit to Canada here in Singapore. I wanted to go travel to my home country for a week then fly back here in Singapore and will make my exit here going to Canada.

2 things at risk. My exit from Philippines going back to Singapore and my entry to Canada from Singapore.

Please advise and hoping for your assistance.

northyork_beaver

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@moji
If you go back to Philippines, there's a risk that you might stop on the departure area if you going back to Singapore, why? if immigration officer will see your work visa to Canada, he/she will require you an additional documents from OWWA. For your info, if you exit from Manila with visa to Canada under live-in caregiver, you have to send a copy of your contract to Philippine consulate in Canada for further verification to your prospective employer. Because they will require your employer with additional agreement to your existing contract, then your employer need to agree and sign this addendum. Once completed, then the phil embassy in Canada will send you the documents with stamp. The OWWA will ask you these documents in order to give you the OEC. If your employer declined this addendum, your exit in manila will be in jeopardy. Just think about it!

If I were you, dont go back to Phils just exit to Singapore and fly direct to Canada. This is only my opinion.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
moji said:
Hi Wsongco,

I am from Philippines.

Maybe you could help me if you have an idea on entry/exit procedures.

I just received the approval of my work permit to Canada here in Singapore. I wanted to go travel to my home country for a week then fly back here in Singapore and will make my exit here going to Canada.

2 things at risk. My exit from Philippines going back to Singapore and my entry to Canada from Singapore.

Please advise and hoping for your assistance.
Hi,

Is your working visa in SG still valid? If so you can go to POEA to get OEC under Balik Manggagawa however be prepared if they check your canadian visa they might ask you couple of questions and if ever your SG working visa will expire soon they might think that you're going to SG to travel Canada. If you can get a contract from your SG employer you're safe. Wala pong checking sa Canada regardless kung saan ka nag-exit, ang hinihingi lang nila yung approved letter mo from Canadian Embassy. OEC is for exit/departure clearance sa NAIA lang po, hindi yun tsini-check sa Canada.

I suggest plain and safe "don't go back to Philippines" if I were you. Alam mo naman sa Pinas ang mga tao sa NAIA may crab mentality baka i-hold ka on your departure. I suggest to read other threads May or June Applicants from CEM, there are guys that have approved visa going to Canada but still in the Philippines bcoz of lenghty exit procedure going to Canada. Pag-isipan mong mabuti kabayan or take your own risk.

Anyway, if you don't mind why would you like to go back home first before going to Canada? :)

mikeliquigan

Nov 2, 2017
Hi all,

I have a similar question regarding the matter of going back to home country.

We have been recently nominated under SINP while here in Singapore as Work Pass Holders and now completing our documents to submit for PR application to CIC.

If given that we get the PR approval early this year, we intend to resign to our work here in Singapore and go back to our home country (Philippines) first during the process of waiting for the visa stamp.

Will this cause any problem? Please share some light as we wanted to just plan ahead.

Thank you very much!