+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa got rejected for Jan 2017 intake (BLR VISA OFFICE). please help!

Akarsh G

May 3, 2016
Hello Friends,

I applied Canada Study Visa (SPP) on Nov 6th 2016 and got refusal on Nov 26th 2016.
Work Exp: 2 Years
Bachelors from India:Bcom=62.5%
12th=53.30%
10th=79.68%
IELTS:6
GIC: Paid + 1st Semester Fees: Paid + Education Loan Sanction Letter ($22000)+ Deposit in Account=$6000
Course Applied - Financial Planning and Wealth Management from Lambton College
All experience documents submitted with SOP

Reason for Rejection as below:
Other Reasons: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment,language abilities or your future propects or plans

Can anyone please guide me on what should I do next in order to get visa :( :( :( :(?

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A lot of the time the application is declined because the officer is not convinced of one of two things: 1. That you have enough money to support yourself while studying, and 2. that you intend to leave after your studies are over. Because a study permit is essentiall a temporary visitor's permit, it is like going on a really big holiday, so all of your expenses and costs need to be proven on applicaiton, for the first year at least. The regulations state that in addition to the tuition being paid in full, you must show at least 10K for living expenses. This is additon to travel costs, which will be about 1-3K. Lastly, you need to prove that you will leave the country when you're permit expires. Did you include any relatives in your application who are currently residing in Canada? If yes, then the officer will see that as evidence you won't leave.

Akarsh G

May 3, 2016
Thanks chrbrow.

Yeah my own sister is Permanent Resident in Canada.

I need to return to India and look after my parents. My intention is to study and work for an year or 2. Get exposure and come back.

I had submitted agriculture land holding certificate.
What other documents I can show that I have strong ties to India

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, that's a good question.
1. Finances - you can prove that you have enough money to support yourself
2. Intention to leave - you can prove you intend to leave at the end of the permit.
a) Are you currently employed? Could you have your employer write a letter confirming your job on your return?
b) Do you own any property or assets in India? Can you prove that? - that's a big one
c) Bank account in India?
d) Also, can you include a letter from a non-family source that backs your intention to go back to India?
The truth is that since your sister is already a PR, things are already working against you. You need to show that YOUR life and assets remain in India, where your life is.
Good Luck

none

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
12 July 2012--Requesting a signature and CIC-O received the Doc's with signature on April 20, 2012
AOR Received.
12 July 2012---
File Transfer...
July 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 2nd, 2012
Interview........
November 21,2012 at 8:00 am
VISA ISSUED...
November 21.2012
How about a Permanent Resident/ citizen in Canada who wants to support his half sister while studying ?

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is probably the reason you're being declined. The regulations state that temporary visitors, which covers students authorized by study permits, MUST prove they are to support themselves financially and that you fully intend to leave on the end of your permit. Having another PR in Canada, sister or not, as a financial resource is not proof that you are financially fit to enter the country and does not assure that you will be able to support yourself. Also, if the bank account you intend to fund from, or in this case, your sister's, is already in Canada, it displays a strong connection to Canada (and not your home country) - Remember that under the eyes of the regulations, you are a visitor to the country here to study. Technically, you are drawing money, resources and stability from India, not Canada.

I've come to know that it is quite common for study permits to be declined if you already have a family member living in Canada. Money that is transferring to you via a Canadian source will be viewed as a negative impact on the economy (philosophically speaking).

I would reapply with strong evidence of financial stability in a bank account in India, following the requirements without listing or displaying any contact to Canadian ties.

Hope that makes sense

C

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Akarsh G said:
Hello Friends,

I applied Canada Study Visa (SPP) on Nov 6th 2016 and got refusal on Nov 26th 2016.
Work Exp: 2 Years
Bachelors from India:Bcom=62.5%
12th=53.30%
10th=79.68%
IELTS:6
GIC: Paid + 1st Semester Fees: Paid + Education Loan Sanction Letter ($22000)+ Deposit in Account=$6000
Course Applied - Financial Planning and Wealth Management from Lambton College
All experience documents submitted with SOP

Reason for Rejection as below:
Other Reasons: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment,language abilities or your future propects or plans

Can anyone please guide me on what should I do next in order to get visa :( :( :( :(?
Order your CAIPS/GCMS notes. Read them carefully and prepare your next application fully addressed with the issues of first rejection.

Good Luck.

Akarsh G

May 3, 2016
Thanks everyone for replying.

I have shown strong financial support. My sister need not support me while i am in Canada.

GIC ($10000) Paid + 1st Semester Fees: Paid + Education Loan Sanction Letter ($22000)+ Deposit in my Account=$6000 and Currently working Banking Industry

How to apply for CAIPS/GCMS notes? Applying from India how many days it takes? Can we apply from Canada?

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Akarsh G said:
How to apply for CAIPS/GCMS notes? Applying from India how many days it takes? Can we apply from Canada?
Found this through google : http://www.visafile.info/

Try google and maybe you will get more options.

Good Luck.

Akarsh G

May 3, 2016
Thanks chrbrow.

1. Finances - you can prove that you have enough money to support yourself - I have sufficient fund to support myself
2. Intention to leave - you can prove you intend to leave at the end of the permit.
a) Are you currently employed? Could you have your employer write a letter confirming your job on your return? - Yes, I am currently employed, need check with my employer - Not sure they are ready to wait for 2 year (2 year course and planning to work for 1 yr) or more?
b) Do you own any property or assets in India? Can you prove that? - that's a big one -- My father own agricultural land. I had attached land holding certificate when i had applied Visa.
c) Bank account in India? Yes - I do have 2 accounts (Salary + Personal A/C). Show some funds in Personal A/C
d) Also, can you include a letter from a non-family source that backs your intention to go back to India? - Is it ok to get letter from Uncle or non-family member? How non-family member adds-on value ? Guess there should be some tie up but how?
The truth is that since your sister is already a PR, things are already working against you. You need to show that YOUR life and assets remain in India, where your life is. - Yeah, might be in a way but it all depends how i convince visa officer

Akarsh G

May 3, 2016
Gymguy said:
Found this through google : http://www.visafile.info/

Try google and maybe you will get more options.

Good Luck.
Is CAIPS and Access to Information and Personal Information Request (IMM556) are same?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp found similar to CAIP. I was thinking my sister who stays in canada can request on my behalf it takes 30 days. If i apply it takes 6 to 8 weeks.

apoorv jain

Jan 26, 2016
Hi I am in a pretty similar situation, please go through and advise

I am from India and I applied my visa application from Pune on 14th November which was forwarded to Bangalore and sadly got rejection on 26th November.

Requesting your comments,advise and previous experience as I wish to reapply from general ( generic ) category to get a acceptance from the Visa officer.

My Profile:
10th 60% CBSE - 2010 12th 60th CBSE -2012
BBA 55 % with 6 backlogs all cleared in one attempt 2015 graduate from University of Pune
IELTS- 6.5 ( no bands less than 6)
Work experience of 10 months with all documents with Amazon ( Submitted Receiving letter along with salary slips )

NOTE : I HAVE MY TWO SISTERS ALREADY STAYING IN CANADA ( ONE IS ALREADY A PERMANENT RESIDENT ) WHILE THE OTHER ONE WENT AS A STUDENT AND HAS STARTED TO WORK FULL TIME.

Course Applied : Global Business Management (GBM) at Humber college
Finances: Paid 2 Semester fees (to be on a safer side) + GIC from Scotia bank which covered all my First years expenses.

My age is 22 and I have no education gap ( 3 months before graduation as I was preparing for IELTS and applying for colleges + 3 months after my employment as I was all set to prepare my visa documents.

Rejection Reason : Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment,language abilities or your future prospects or plans

Wrote a decent SOP covering all the aspects where a visa officer can raise a question but no luck.

Requesting HELP or any information or insight in this matter

cv01

Dec 1, 2016
I heard people saying that students who are going to university have More visa chances than the ones going to college. Don't know is it correct.

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Please submit a good letter of explanation along with SOP and try to get a recommendation letter from the college. I have few samples if you need then send me a msg with your email id.