+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Free Countries with RTD?

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hi everyone,

I have a question, I have RTD but no PR card yet, I'm planning to go to Dominican Repulic, Do I need visa or not. I can come back to Canada by my RTD but my concern is entering Dominican Rep . Thanks
Hello

can you plz update us? Did you travel to Dominican Republic without Pr ? Any issue?

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hi, yes I went there, there was no issue, entering and returning. Just had my work permit as well just in case.
Thanks for replying. I called Dominican Republic Consulate yeaterday and they said that if i dont have Pr i cant travel there just with RTD.

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
Dear All

Just wanted to ask

#1) If I am planning to travel Asian century via using DUBAI ( Emirates Airline ) or DOHA ( Qatar Air ) as Transit on my RTD.
Can I use it or No. ( does UAE and Qatar accept or recognize Canadian RTD for Transit - 4 to 12 Hours may layover )
#2) If Yes. Do I need transit visa or No needed.
#3) How to obtain if needed ?

Thank you in advance

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Hey guys, Can travel to Armenia or Turkey with RTD only, but no PR (already applied)?
Hi
As for Turkey, you can but you will require a visa from their counsulate in Canada which is a bit lengthy but possible. I have done it twice by far.
For Armenia, they have an extremely poor system of coordination among their government entities. You need your PR and a Visa that you have to contact their embassy directly for. I would not recommend Armenia since it has nothing to present and lack of English ability will cause lots of trouble when arriving at their airport as they have no idea what an RTD is and you will have to explain everything to people that cannot communicate at the airport. Lastly, the country is on the verge of war every day and is no longer safe. Overall, too much hassle. I would NOT recommend.

Reactions: q8boy

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Hi
As for Turkey, you can but you will require a visa from their counsulate in Canada which is a bit lengthy but possible. I have done it twice by far.
For Armenia, they have an extremely poor system of coordination among their government entities. You need your PR and a Visa that you have to contact their embassy directly for. I would not recommend Armenia since it has nothing to present and lack of English ability will cause lots of trouble when arriving at their airport as they have no idea what an RTD is and you will have to explain everything to people that cannot communicate at the airport. Lastly, the country is on the verge of war every day and is no longer safe. Overall, too much hassle. I would NOT recommend.
@farsxp thanks for your input. Do you have any experience in travelling to Georgia with RTD only?

Thanks in advance

q8boy

Aug 13, 2023
Hi
Hi and thank you for your quick reply
Do you know whats Turkey visa requirements and its easy to get it? Thank you again

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hi
same for Albania. I would advice everyone to avoid travel to Albania.

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Anyone has traveled to Colombia with RTD and PR? Do we need a visa? Consulate and Embassy don't answer emails or phone calls.

Chris Bech

Mar 8, 2024
People in this thread found these so far, all of them checked on IATA as well
  • Germany
  • Croatia
  • Italy
  • Hungary (says visa required on IATA, but not on their embassy)
  • Cyprus
  • Cuba
  • Mexico
  • Bulgaria
  • Slovenia
  • Slovakia
Also, according to Wikipedia (I did NOT check every one of them on IATA), with a valid PR card, you can travel to
but are there other countries?
I wanna go to Mexico with RTD but no PR card yet. I only have Work Permit. Can I travel there though?