+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa free countries - entry information

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone travel to visa free countries? Do I need to provide Hotel reservations doc, invitation letter or any doc? I will appreciate any experience.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woodex said:
Has anyone travel to visa free countries? Do I need to provide Hotel reservations doc, invitation letter or any doc? I will appreciate any experience.
If what you mean is travelling with Canadian passport, you don't need anything else.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Woodex said:
Usually all you need is just the standard customs form for the country you are visiting. However there are sometimes extra random security checks where they will ask additional questions and proof of where you are staying and other documentation. One time I was also asked to prove I had some kind of travel medical insurance.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woodex said:
you need to provide information that u only going for a tour and not to stay to find work or whatever, yes usually an address (friend) or hotel would help them identify that you are going to stay only for VISIT and nothing else

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Woodex said:
It entirely depends on your social and finical status (even when traveling on Canadian passport). If a person is an obvious bum or a welfare dweller he/she will likely be recognized as one which will entail further questioning up to an including a ban to enter should the immigration officer have reasonable doubts in the person's ability to pay for his stay. If you have credit cards, dressed well and look affluent there will not be any problems.

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
If what you mean is travelling with Canadian passport, you don't need anything else.
yes, with Canadian passport. Thanks

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RussCan said:
It entirely depends on your social and finical status (even when traveling on Canadian passport). If a person is an obvious bum or a welfare dweller he/she will likely be recognized as one which will entail further questioning up to an including a ban to enter should the immigration officer have reasonable doubts in the person's ability to pay for his stay. If you have credit cards, dressed well and look affluent there will not be any problems.
are you serious? If someone is a bum, I don't think s/he can buy flight Ticket

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
Usually all you need is just the standard customs form for the country you are visiting. However there are sometimes extra random security checks where they will ask additional questions and proof of where you are staying and other documentation. One time I was also asked to prove I had some kind of travel medical insurance.
thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woodex said:
are you serious? If someone is a bum, I don't think s/he can buy flight Ticket
You can cross from Windsor to Detroit for a cut price. In the EU you can get a train from London to Paris for less than a 100 bucks. All a visitor visa free passport does is get you to the border so the airline or other transportation company won' sweat carrying you. At the border the agent has to determine if your visit reason is legitimate and whether you have the means to support yourself. They don't want you hanging out in their country for beyond a 'reasonable/standard' visiting period as it usually means you will end up working illegally. Flashing a credit card and getting a wave through doesn't always hold true......increasingly border authorities get you to sign online to your bank/ credit account to see your 'current' balance...that platinum/diamond/emerald credit card may be maxed out!!

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Msafiri said:
You can cross from Windsor to Detroit for a cut price. In the EU you can get a train from London to Paris for less than a 100 bucks. All a visitor visa free passport does is get you to the border so the airline or other transportation company won' sweat carrying you. At the border the agent has to determine if your visit reason is legitimate and whether you have the means to support yourself. They don't want you hanging out in their country for beyond a 'reasonable/standard' visiting period as it usually means you will end up working illegally. Flashing a credit card and getting a wave through doesn't always hold true......increasingly border authorities get you to sign online to your bank/ credit account to see your 'current' balance...that platinum/diamond/emerald credit card may be maxed out!!
You nailed it right on the head Msafiri. If you are affluent you will have no problem crossing borders, that’s what I meant.

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
are you serious about signing online for credit and bank details?

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
There is no need to be scared. If you have honest intention and can prove that you are what you claim to be, you won't have any issues. Logging online into bank accounts etc. is just necessary when you are suspected of doing something that goes beyond the permission that country will grant you. E.g. some countries see a lot of people entering on a tourist visa only to work cash in hand. Canada is also doing such checks. For videos, you can check Border Security on Youtube.
But, again, there is nothing to worry about.

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicant314 said:
There is no need to be scared. If you have honest intention and can prove that you are what you claim to be, you won't have any issues. Logging online into bank accounts etc. is just necessary when you are suspected of doing something that goes beyond the permission that country will grant you. E.g. some countries see a lot of people entering on a tourist visa only to work cash in hand. Canada is also doing such checks. For videos, you can check Border Security on Youtube.
But, again, there is nothing to worry about.
I know! Thanks

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Visitors who do not require a visa to a country are still required to meet the other requirements of a visitor (sufficient funds, return tickets, etc.). The only difference is actually placing the visa in the passort.