+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for my Filipina Girlfriend

coolshyguy

Feb 28, 2010
Looking to get a Visa for my Girlfriend in the Philippines, Plan is to get married and what not, i was going to go to the phils to do all of this but i have a job here and Canada and think it would be a lot more practical and safe to just have her come to Canada and tie the knot so the we can begin the papers to sponsor her.

The question is what is required for her to get a Visitors visa into Canada?

Is there any papers that i need to fill out?

Any website i need to read?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
coolshyguy said:
Looking to get a Visa for my Girlfriend in the Philippines, Plan is to get married and what not, i was going to go to the phils to do all of this but i have a job here and Canada and think it would be a lot more practical and safe to just have her come to Canada and tie the knot so the we can begin the papers to sponsor her.

The question is what is required for her to get a Visitors visa into Canada?

Is there any papers that i need to fill out?

Any website i need to read?
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/visiting-visiter.aspx?lang=eng (for your girl friend)

You can prepare a letter of invitation/undertaking. Have it notarized, attach proof of your status in Canada (citizenship/PR).

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
BTW, she must show as much proof of ties in the Philippines to show she's going back as soon as the allowed visit is over.

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
we are in the same situation...
my brother wants to bring his gf here but they are not married and never was a common-law...
they met on the internet and now just trying to decide which way to go would be best....

the thing is if you apply in land, you cannot appeal if you're refused and an open work permit for your gf, after marriage, is not guaranteed...

so she may be in canada for up to 1 year or more without the ability to work...