+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Extension while waiting for Immigration? Urgent Help Needed

derbeast

Star Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hi all,

I am applying for FSW Arranged Employment and was staying in Vancouver on a Visitor's Visa in the interim period. Unfortunately today I received news that my visitor's visa extension was refused. It did not say exactly why but gave 5 general reasons and said that the officer felt I did not meet the requirements. After speaking with some people on this forum it might be due to the fact that I asked for a visa extension based on my application for residency and wanting to stay in Canada in the interim period. I told them, which is true, that I have been staying in a meditation centre and not seeking work the past couple of months.

1. I am wondering what the chances if I go to the border and try again that they will approve me if I tell them that I will now seek professional employment here immediately and would like a visa extension to find something suitable?

2. Or if I went to the states for 3 months and tried again after that would there be a greater chance that they would let me back in then? (I would prefer the first option).

3. If I call the helpline and quote my case id and officer id nr will they be able to give me specific advice such as why exactly I was refused? ( I doubt it!)

Any advice on any/all of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
derbeast said:
Hi all,

I am applying for FSW Arranged Employment and was staying in Vancouver on a Visitor's Visa in the interim period. Unfortunately today I received news that my visitor's visa extension was refused. It did not say exactly why but gave 5 general reasons and said that the officer felt I did not meet the requirements. After speaking with some people on this forum it might be due to the fact that I asked for a visa extension based on my application for residency and wanting to stay in Canada in the interim period. I told them, which is true, that I have been staying in a meditation centre and not seeking work the past couple of months.

1. I am wondering what the chances if I go to the border and try again that they will approve me if I tell them that I will now seek professional employment here immediately and would like a visa extension to find something suitable?

2. Or if I went to the states for 3 months and tried again after that would there be a greater chance that they would let me back in then? (I would prefer the first option).

3. If I call the helpline and quote my case id and officer id nr will they be able to give me specific advice such as why exactly I was refused? ( I doubt it!)

Any advice on any/all of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D
1. As a TRV holder without a proper work permit, you are not eligible to seek employment. To do so, your potential employer must first apply for LMO through HRSDC first (unless it is one of the professions exempt) then you can use the approved LMO to apply for a work permit.

2. You can always leave the country and try to reenter as a visitor. How likely that you will be issued a TRV is up in the air.

3. The most likely reason for your denial to your TRV extension is that applying under FSW and receiving a file number is not a valid reason for extending your TRV.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
derbeast said:
Hi all,

D
1. I am wondering what the chances if I go to the border and try again that they will approve me if I tell them that I will now seek professional employment here immediately and would like a visa extension to find something suitable? Without a LMO, and considering you already received a TRV refusal, going to the border won't work.

2. Or if I went to the states for 3 months and tried again after that would there be a greater chance that they would let me back in then? (I would prefer the first option). You can try but there's no guarantee you'll be granted TRV after the 3 months is up.

3. If I call the helpline and quote my case id and officer id nr will they be able to give me specific advice such as why exactly I was refused? ( I doubt it!) They might. They can access the database and maybe able to give you specific reason for the refusal.

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
if somebody will be refused of a visitor visa extension and they are already on implied status how long will they be allowed to get a ticket and leave?

will the implied status affect future travel to canada given they have multiple entry visa?

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
darookie said:
if somebody will be refused of a visitor visa extension and they are already on implied status how long will they be allowed to get a ticket and leave?

will the implied status affect future travel to canada given they have multiple entry visa?
If you apply for an extension and it is refused, you have just give the VO proof that you have no plans on leaving the country and are trying your best to stay. Why would they then let you in again on for a temp stay?

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
txboyscout said:
If you apply for an extension and it is refused, you have just give the VO proof that you have no plans on leaving the country and are trying your best to stay. Why would they then let you in again on for a temp stay?
thanks for answering but what do you mean by that?

we are planning to extend the stay of my nephew but given that the processing is almost about 2 months we are not sure on whether to get him a ticket or not. if the extension will be refused no doubt i will send him back to Italy. Im just wondering if they are giving like additional days to stay so that we can buy a return ticket. as we all know airfare are cheaper if you book them ahead of time.