+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Exempt Country / Decision Made / COPR through mail

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
Hey guys,

Anyone out there from a visa exempt country who got eCAS changed to "Decision Made" and are waiting on further news still?

My eCAS changed to "Decision Made" the other day (my timeline is on the left), and I know that CIC will send a COPR document in the mail through post instead of a PPR, but does anyone have experience with how long this takes approximately for them to send out and for you to receive in the mail?

sonico

Apr 9, 2014
My ECAS was changed to DM at 3/17/2015 and I got CoPR by mail yesterday 3/26/2015, so it took 9 days for me.

I live in Toronto area.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natk said:
Hey guys,

Anyone out there from a visa exempt country who got eCAS changed to "Decision Made" and are waiting on further news still?

My eCAS changed to "Decision Made" the other day (my timeline is on the left), and I know that CIC will send a COPR document in the mail through post instead of a PPR, but does anyone have experience with how long this takes approximately for them to send out and for you to receive in the mail?

I think it depends on where you live! It took me a little longer to get mine because I applied outland and it took about 3 weeks for me to receive my COPR after seeing Decisions Made on eCas

Good Luck!

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
sonico said:
My ECAS was changed to DM at 3/17/2015 and I got CoPR by mail yesterday 3/26/2015, so it took 9 days for me.

I live in Toronto area.
Thanks for letting me know :)

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
mintx said:
My understanding is that it tends to be within a couple of weeks or so. I also just got DM and am waiting for CoPR.
Thanks for the update! Best of luck to you.

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
Johnny31 said:
I think it depends on where you live! It took me a little longer to get mine because I applied outland and it took about 3 weeks for me to receive my COPR after seeing Decisions Made on eCas

Good Luck!
That's true, and a good point! Best of luck to you as well. :)

scoot

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
I had DM on ECAS on 24th March,I called CIC on Wed and was told it's a positive decision which made me happy,but they had not sent the COPR,I called again on Friday 27th March just to see if COPR had been posted as 3rd April is a holiday Friday so I would have had a long weekend to drive from Edmonton to Great Falls Montana for a nice weekend break and activate COPR on the way back in on the Sunday.

It looks like I will have to 10th April off work instead,that's of course if the COPR arrives before then lol.
At least we know that we have a positive decision and just waiting on the COPR now guys,thats the biggest weight off our shoulders!

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
scoot said:
I had DM on ECAS on 24th March,I called CIC on Wed and was told it's a positive decision which made me happy,but they had not sent the COPR,I called again on Friday 27th March just to see if COPR had been posted as 3rd April is a holiday Friday so I would have had a long weekend to drive from Edmonton to Great Falls Montana for a nice weekend break and activate COPR on the way back in on the Sunday.

It looks like I will have to 10th April off work instead,that's of course if the COPR arrives before then lol.
At least we know that we have a positive decision and just waiting on the COPR now guys,thats the biggest weight off our shoulders!
Congrats though! But just your luck, to not get it on Easter with the long weekend. I'm in Australia right now, so I can't even check my mailbox for my COPR.

I would have loved to enter Canada now as a PR when I come back, but now I have to wait and then leave Canada after I get back again.

But we are lucky to get PR (I assume I have got it!), so no complaints from me :)

scoot

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
mintx said:
You don't have to leave Canada. It is possible to do landing at a local CIC office.
Indeed you can,but it can take 10 days-2 months to get an appointment at a CIC office,whereas you can drive to the border at any time pretty much.
My TWP would expire before I managed to get an appointment,plus I have worked 6 and 7 day weeks for pretty much the past 23months so I feel that I deserve a wee weekend break.
I actually worked about 9 months nightshift last year,and have done the same this year bar 1 back shift,and 1 day shift lol.

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
scoot said:
Indeed you can,but it can take 10 days-2 months to get an appointment at a CIC office,whereas you can drive to the border at any time pretty much.
My TWP would expire before I managed to get an appointment,plus I have worked 6 and 7 day weeks for pretty much the past 23months so I feel that I deserve a wee weekend break.
I actually worked about 9 months nightshift last year,and have done the same this year bar 1 back shift,and 1 day shift lol.
Yeah, I thought about maybe doing the CIC office landing thing, but I don't have patience to wait. I heard you also can't book a time, and my job isn't flexible to let me take time off at the last minute. I'm 30 minutes away from Washington, so a border crossing is what I'll do I think.

A weekend break is much deserved for you for the PR process for sure :)

scoot

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
natk said:
Yeah, I thought about maybe doing the CIC office landing thing, but I don't have patience to wait. I heard you also can't book a time, and my job isn't flexible to let me take time off at the last minute. I'm 30 minutes away from Washington, so a border crossing is what I'll do I think.

Lol the day after we got DM on ECAS we found out the missus is pregnant,no rest for me haha.
A nice weekend break would be ideal though,nice weather,my father is coming over at the start of May from Scotland to visit for 6 weeks and a Canadian friend is taking us out hunting for a few days near the Rockies which should be amazing.

sparkshooter

Mar 18, 2014
Quick question -

For people from visa exempt countries, do you receive ANY sort of request post-MR if you pay your RPRF upfront?

I'm from a visa-exempt country, finally got my MR and am waiting for my results to be uploaded. Just trying to figure out next steps.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sparkshooter said:
Quick question -

For people from visa exempt countries, do you receive ANY sort of request post-MR if you pay your RPRF upfront?

I'm from a visa-exempt country, finally got my MR and am waiting for my results to be uploaded. Just trying to figure out next steps.
NO - next would be a change of status of eCas and your COPR

redgdon

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
natk said:

You may not have a choice. On the same day I got my COPR I got a second letter telling me to attend the local CIC office to complete the process. It was done by appointment. I understand they are trying to cut down on the immigration workload on the CBSA so they can concentrate on their own work.