+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Exempt Countries- do you need to mail your physical passport?

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Hey Guys.

Thought I read somewhere on the forum that visa exempt countries, principal applicants with citizenship in these countries do not need to send their physical passports to Canada after being approved permanent residence, is this true?

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Hey Guys.

Thought I read somewhere on the forum that visa exempt countries, principal applicants with citizenship in these countries do not need to send their physical passports to Canada after being approved permanent residence, is this true?

Did you get PPR? I read so too, that PA has to send only the copy of passport. Is your application outland or inland?

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Did you get PPR? I read so too, that PA has to send only the copy of passport. Is your application outland or inland?
Hi. :)

We are Outland. :)

We are actually at the very beginning of the process...have sent application in and it was delivered on May 11th.

So likely won’t get AOR1 for another month or so.

But we were thinking of doing some travelling next March so thought it would be good to know if we should book flights or not because if we have to send passport to Canada, we won’t be able to travel without my partner’s passport

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
o
Hi. :)

We are Outland. :)

We are actually at the very beginning of the process...have sent application in and it was delivered on May 11th.

So likely won’t get AOR1 for another month or so.

But we were thinking of doing some travelling next March so thought it would be good to know if we should book flights or not because if we have to send passport to Canada, we won’t be able to travel without my partner’s passport
Oh! I see. All i know is that some people from visa exempt countries don't even get PPR and get their CORP weeks after decision made. Others are requested to send just a copy of the BIOpage and some even send it by email.

Depending of the country you are from and your case it can take less than a year.