+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Deactivation Email received from IRCC - One week past to my Flying Dates

Itsurkamran

Mar 18, 2024
Hi i received an email and letter by IRCC mentioning "This is in reference to the status of your Temporary Resident Visa. Please be advised that your visa has been deactivated and is not valid for travel. Adverse information has been received subsequent to the issuance of your visa, suggesting that your circumstances have changed and/or you may no longer meet the requirements for a visa. Once a review of your file is completed, you will receive further information and instructions. " What does that mean as there is no clear reason mentioned in the letter for the de-activation of my student visa.
What should i do further to get it activated?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi i received an email and letter by IRCC mentioning "This is in reference to the status of your Temporary Resident Visa. Please be advised that your visa has been deactivated and is not valid for travel. Adverse information has been received subsequent to the issuance of your visa, suggesting that your circumstances have changed and/or you may no longer meet the requirements for a visa. Once a review of your file is completed, you will receive further information and instructions. " What does that mean as there is no clear reason mentioned in the letter for the de-activation of my student visa.
What should i do further to get it activated?
Nothing to do. Email says wait for instructions. Did you apply for TRV or study permit? Did you update your file?

Ross88

Star Member
May 27, 2023
This sounds like bad news. If you didn't provide any new information to IRCC then they may have discovered something new. Could be a fake document submitted with your application, or something else.

Either way, the main thing you should be doing is re-checking your application and all supporting documents, because IRCC are looking closer.

Itsurkamran

Mar 18, 2024
Nothing to do. Email says wait for instructions. Did you apply for TRV or study permit? Did you update your file?
I had my visa stamped 9th sep 2023 for the Jan'24 Intake of my university but unfortunately i had to defer for the April intake due to some reason and now i have everything with me like LOA from the DLI and other approvals as well but 4 days back i recived an email from IRCC stating the visa has been de-activated. What are the chances of the Visa been activated? I have uploaded the new LOA through webform of IRCC.

Itsurkamran

Mar 18, 2024
This sounds like bad news. If you didn't provide any new information to IRCC then they may have discovered something new. Could be a fake document submitted with your application, or something else.

Either way, the main thing you should be doing is re-checking your application and all supporting documents, because IRCC are looking closer.
Is there any other way apart from the Webform to get in touch with IRCC, so that i can update them with my updated LOA as i had to defer from Dec to April intake.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I had my visa stamped 9th sep 2023 for the Jan'24 Intake of my university but unfortunately i had to defer for the April intake due to some reason and now i have everything with me like LOA from the DLI and other approvals as well but 4 days back i recived an email from IRCC stating the visa has been de-activated. What are the chances of the Visa been activated? I have uploaded the new LOA through webform of IRCC.
Have you received update on why it was deactivated or are you guessing? When did you inform IRCC of change in intake dates with new LOA? If you deferred you would have informed IRCC in December. If stamped September 9, you needed to start studies within 150 days so that is why it was cancelled. If you have updated by webform with new documents then you wait. You can call IRCC through VPN but they are call centre agents and can only tell you status of file. They are not officers. You may want to get new LOA for next intake. If it was deactivated, you may have required provincial letter of attestation if not taking a Masters/PhD? What has university advisor told you to do? They are there to help you. What school?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just to clarify you start your studies within 150 days of receiving it so you needed to start studies in February. That is why your permit may have been cancelled.