+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa application

yngboy

May 14, 2009
Hello everyone I need some advice on my visa application. Im from Philippines and recently I work in Dubai I went back to the Philippines for a vacation. I decided not to go back to Dubai and resign from my job to settle some personal problem. My employer told me to send my passport back to dubai for them to cancel my visa but Im afraid to send them my passport and they will not return it to me. Right now I have a job offer in Canada, my concern is would it affect my visa application for Canada if my visa in Dubai is not canceled?
Please anyone can give me some advice.

Thank You

solowista_07

Sep 28, 2008
yngboy said:
Hello everyone I need some advice on my visa application. Im from Philippines and recently I work in Dubai I went back to the Philippines for a vacation. I decided not to go back to Dubai and resign from my job to settle some personal problem. My employer told me to send my passport back to dubai for them to cancel my visa but Im afraid to send them my passport and they will not return it to me. Right now I have a job offer in Canada, my concern is would it affect my visa application for Canada if my visa in Dubai is not canceled?
Please anyone can give me some advice.

Thank You
Hi!

Am here in Dubai right now working for 2 years. Your just one of the people who work here in Dubai and was not able to go back due to some reason and you still have a work permit stamped in your passport and was not able to cancel by your employer here. You have a rights not to send your passport to your employer. I think your employer will get fine for that or something. Just make sure you wont go back here in Dubai with that work permit visa.

In regards with your question that if you might have a problem with your application in Canada because your visa here in Dubai is not yet canceled,
You just need to explain what really happen. And as long as you didn't do anything bad here in Dubai. You will be in good hands.

All the Best!