Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Dutch said:
COPR came in the mail yesterday!!! :)

I now see it was issued April 24. Ecas had changed to DM Saturday April 27.

I was thinking to have a happy FPD tomorrow (flagpole day), but I see that I will then need to have a PR card before I can re-enter Canada if I leave the country. I called CIC as I am planning to go back home for a few weeks. They told me if I flagpole now I will need a PR card before re-entering from Europe or I would need to apply for another document. They suggested not to flagpole and apply on re-entry. I was not aware of this and thought it might be worth mentioning here.
Congratulations Dutch! All the best to you!

Dutch

Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
NA
messenger said:
Congratulations Dutch! All the best to you!
Thanks Messenger. I hope the process will be quick for you.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Dutch said:

I was thinking to have a happy FPD tomorrow (flagpole day), but I see that I will then need to have a PR card before I can re-enter Canada if I leave the country. I called CIC as I am planning to go back home for a few weeks. They told me if I flagpole now I will need a PR card before re-entering from Europe or I would need to apply for another document. They suggested not to flagpole and apply on re-entry. I was not aware of this and thought it might be worth mentioning here.
if you're visa-exempt for Canada, it doesn't matter. If you're non visa-exempt, then you need to have an authorisation to travel.
But assuming that you are from a visa-exempt, you can flagpole, and start the "waiting time". Then you can go to Europe, and travel on your EU passport. The problem for non-visa exempt applicants is that they need something to be let on a plane - to show that they are allowed to enter Canada. Airline staff are not trained to recognize COPR. but in your case, you can land, then go to Europe. To board the plane back to Canada, you just don't mention anything about being a PR. Just say that you're going for a visit. Then when you arrive in Canada, at the border you can show your COPR, or just let them know that you are a PR and they can check in the computer.
Good luck,
Sweden

Dutch

Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
NA
Sweden said:
if you're visa-exempt for Canada, it doesn't matter. If you're non visa-exempt, then you need to have an authorisation to travel.
But assuming that you are from a visa-exempt, you can flagpole, and start the "waiting time". Then you can go to Europe, and travel on your EU passport. The problem for non-visa exempt applicants is that they need something to be let on a plane - to show that they are allowed to enter Canada. Airline staff are not trained to recognize COPR. but in your case, you can land, then go to Europe. To board the plane back to Canada, you just don't mention anything about being a PR. Just say that you're going for a visit. Then when you arrive in Canada, at the border you can show your COPR, or just let them know that you are a PR and they can check in the computer.
Good luck,
Sweden

Thanks for your reply Sweden. This is interesting.

CIC told me that even I am from a visa exempt country I will still need to apply for an authorization to travel document to re-enter Canada. She explained to me that the rules are the same for visa exempt and non-visa exempt countries. She wasn't specific about boarding the plane on a European passport and did not specify what would happen at the Canadian boarder. I know this is different if you drive over the boarder yourself. Your option could make things a bit easier for me.

I will look into this again before I do anything.

newpal

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-13...Sent and recvd 13.01.14
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17.04.2013 Stage 2 AOR
Med's Request
request 05.03.14 sent & recvd 11.03.2014
Med's Done....
First 19.06.2012
Interview........
NOT APPLICABLE :P
Passport Req..
In Process
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully Today
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
Dutch said:
Thanks Messenger. I hope the process will quick for you.
wow u got it very quickly... Messenger and other members were quite right that Vienna is working very hard::: so Mr.Dutch can you give us detail about ur process .. including change of ecas and all

Remrov

May 16, 2012
Dutch said:

Congratulations!!! That's really great!!

I have good news too!

On the 22nd of this month I wil be landing. With my pet parrot Pilaf. It took quite long to get all the export papers ready for my birdy friend, but it's finally all done.

I wish everybody who's still waiting lots of good luck. And I will be returning to this forum on a regular basis to help others.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Remrov said:

I have good news too!

On the 22nd of this month I wil be landing. With my pet parrot Pilaf. It took quite long to get all the export papers ready for my birdy friend, but it's finally all done.

I wish everybody who's still waiting lots of good luck. And I will be returning to this forum on a regular basis to help others.
Congratulations my friend. And to your lucky bird :) :)
May you have a nice life in Canada

Dutch

Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
NA
Remrov said:

I have good news too!

Thank you Remrov. Enjoy Canada with your boyfriend and your bird!

Lv.f

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 14 - 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 5 - 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 19 - 2013 (SA)
Med's Done....
Dec 20 - 2012
Congrats Dutch and Remrov !! ;D

Nine days and still no email back from Vienna. Hope we get a reply soon. Other than that I have an appointment in three days for my passport. I can't wait to receive it in a few weeks and send copies to Vienna!
Any updates for anyone else?? Second stage AOR's perhaps? :)

Dutch

Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
NA
Sweden said:
Good luck,
Sweden
Sweden,

I called CIC again today and they told me that if I flagpole now and leave the country after I will need a PR card or apply for a document to re-entering Canada. This is at the Canadian boarder and even travelling with a passport from a visa-exempt country.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Lv.f said:

Nine days and still no email back from Vienna. Hope we get a reply soon. Other than that I have an appointment in three days for my passport. I can't wait to receive it in a few weeks and send copies to Vienna!
No-one from here still! :( :(

Dutch

Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
NA
Lv.f said:

Thanks Lv.f. Hope your process will be smooth from now on.

maggie465

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2012
AOR Received.
04/10/2012
Med's Done....
completed 03/04/13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
22/05/13 (received 05/06/13, ECAS 29/05/13)
LANDED..........
08/06/13
Congrats everyone!!

Still no news here...did the X-ray on April 3rd, so almost 5 weeks ago. I hope they receive it soon.

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012