Waived
Passport Req..
Not Applicable
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Hi All,

Our journey came to an end on July 30th.
Of course, not without drama but nonetheless it is over.
My husband said that the landing was a breeze. The border agents were very helpful and pleasant.
Don't put too much emphasis on Vienna and what they are doing. You will never figure it out. The papers will come. Focus on why you are moving, where you are moving to and who you are moving with. That is most important. A long 19 months we waited. Even until the day before my husband was to land, we had to be dealing with Vienna. But it all worked out.
Have faith. Keep calm. One thing I can say is that the wait made our reunion that much sweeter!
Thank you for the support and advice.
I wish you all nothing but the best!

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Kopje said:
Your file has not been in Vienna for 14 months by now. Therefore you can only stay patient and wait. Our file took another 21 days after the sponsorship approval until it finally arrived in Vienna. When was your sponsorship approved?

As a rough estimate you can assume that your file has arrived in Vienna 1 months after the sponsorship approval from Missisauga. I would not contact Vienna until 15 months have past since your sponsorship was approved.

vienna rec'd our application in July 2013. i dont know what to say i know i have to wait there is no other way.. i hope i hear something soon.. im going crazy over here waiting

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Elleattend said:
Hi All,

Our journey came to an end on July 30th.
Of course, not without drama but nonetheless it is over.
My husband said that the landing was a breeze. The border agents were very helpful and pleasant.
Don't put too much emphasis on Vienna and what they are doing. You will never figure it out. The papers will come. Focus on why you are moving, where you are moving to and who you are moving with. That is most important. A long 19 months we waited. Even until the day before my husband was to land, we had to be dealing with Vienna. But it all worked out.
Have faith. Keep calm. One thing I can say is that the wait made our reunion that much sweeter!
Thank you for the support and advice.
I wish you all nothing but the best!

i am so happy to hear your nightmare is finally over. i wish u guys the best in the future :)

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Hi everyone,

I'm back again ;D and still waiting for Vienna. I have been reading the posts on and off and from what I gathered there hasn't been anyone here who got the visa under 14 months right? I guess I still have to wait another 3-5 months ???

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Avissa said:
Hi everyone,

I'm back again ;D and still waiting for Vienna. I have been reading the posts on and off and from what I gathered there hasn't been anyone here who got the visa under 14 months right? I guess I still have to wait another 3-5 months ???
you still havent had any communication form Vienna Yet? you dont know if you have to wait that much longer. i know vienna gets most of there application through the summer months and plus vacations they must take.. i think they should speed things up soon

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
no word here yeeeeeeeeet .. my hubbys medicals are now officially expired! i hope they dont request them again because they are not CHEAP and when we applied they said 11 months processing. im so irritated this is actually ridiculous.

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
I have another 3 more weeks till my medical expires and I agree with you they ARE bloody expensive. I got my gcms notes in April and it showed that they have not started a thing NOT A SINGLE THING was done between September 2013 that the sponsorship got approved till April 2014. What I'm guessing is that the actual processing time - as in the time they spend on the application - is no longer than a couple of months, but there is a long queue and it takes about 10 or more months until they actually start the processing. I'm gonna order another gcms note this weekend although I am pretty sure they still haven't started anything.

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
lol they are not cheap. My hubbys has all ready expired. which they might extend or ask for a new one.. I ordered my notes at 12months got them july 3 and at that point they not started a single thing.. this is more then irratating :-\. the time veinna takes to process an application is actualy only between 10-30days lol believe or not. is the time is takes to get to the application. i read on the CIC website under Vienna's audit.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
gabiroli said:
Hey Friends.

Finally our journey came to an end vienna made a decision on my wifes case on july 10th. They mailed out the ARC and THE confirmation of pernament residence on july 10th. We just got in the mail just yesterday. I already paid for the tickets for my daughter and wife. It's quite expensive this time around I paid 2400$ for one way for 2 tickets from budapest to toronto with frankfurt transfer on august 15th.

For anyone that needs my timeline as follows.

2013/march/1 Application sent to missisauga.
2013/april/17 I am accepted as sponsor.
2013/oct/14 she needed to leave canada due to failed refugee case.
Redid fingerprints and medicals on no instructions just did by myself 2014/february/14
No news from vienna until 2014/february/21 (asking for an interview after 3 years of commonlaw relationship with my wife, and 2 years marriage altogether 5 years. BEFORE EVEN the whole process started and a 3 year old daughter. They scheduled her interview for may/14/2014 She passed the interview (they doubted that our relationship was legit after living together and taxing having 2 joint bank accounts with everyday usage with savings over 15000$ and having her on my mortgage paper while she is even on my car insurance policy as a second driver this was all mailed in the original application Having pictures of us holding our daughter when she was 10 minutes old.

They asked for fingerprints again and 400$ authorization to return fee. No communications after again. Till JULLY 10th. She has to leave hungary by september 10th. Thats also the same day when her passport expires. We tried to book with KLM but they said that her passport have to valid to 3 months after she travels. Managed to get lufthansa tickets. they don't mind if her passport is gonna expire. We will renew her passport here in toronto. I Don't wan't any confussion with new passport before she lands.

Hopefuly Everybody else will have better luck with them. I really hope that it will be all over on august 15th when crosses the border.

Sincerely Szabo Family.
CONGRATS!!!!!
Wow they're getting those ARCs out pretty quick nowadays. When we first started this process, we were told that the arc takes up to 6 months to process (which is a bit nuts) but the last few members who needed an ARC got it within 30 days or less. This is excellent news.
I can't believe your VO gave you guys problems with so much valid evidence. Geez. Thank God it's over for you and some other members on here, and all positive outcomes!!! =D

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avissa said:
I have another 3 more weeks till my medical expires and I agree with you they ARE bloody expensive. I got my gcms notes in April and it showed that they have not started a thing NOT A SINGLE THING was done between September 2013 that the sponsorship got approved till April 2014. What I'm guessing is that the actual processing time - as in the time they spend on the application - is no longer than a couple of months, but there is a long queue and it takes about 10 or more months until they actually start the processing. I'm gonna order another gcms note this weekend although I am pretty sure they still haven't started anything.
According to the latest statistics Vienna finalized around 470 applications in 2013. During the same time Vienna received around 520 new applications. According to the statistics the queue is getting longer. My wife and I decided not to order gcms notes again. There will be no progress until Vienna finally starts working on our application.

gabiroli

Oct 23, 2013
b4roness said:
CONGRATS!!!!!
Wow they're getting those ARCs out pretty quick nowadays. When we first started this process, we were told that the arc takes up to 6 months to process (which is a bit nuts) but the last few members who needed an ARC got it within 30 days or less. This is excellent news.
I can't believe your VO gave you guys problems with so much valid evidence. Geez. Thank God it's over for you and some other members on here, and all positive outcomes!!! =D

Thank You

My case was kind of different than the others. They wanted to prolong it as long as they could do it. And they did. I don't think that the interview was necesarry but hey atleast it's over.

On a another note my Family and i would like to go the US for vacation when my wife comes back. Her confirmation of pernament residence lists her hungarian passport number which will expire on september 10th. Can she apply for a new passport and travel with the new passport and new passport number and use that to land or does it have to be the original one. Because if we apply for a new passport the old one becomes invalid right away. Or can we use the old pasport just for show and have the new one as a valid passport. I already asked vienna 6 days ago and got no replly since.
Sincerely Szabo family

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
gabiroli said:
Thank You

My case was kind of different than the others. They wanted to prolong it as long as they could do it. And they did. I don't think that the interview was necesarry but hey atleast it's over.

Why did they prolong your application? Is it because there was a refugee refusal????

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gabiroli said:
Thank You

On a another note my Family and i would like to go the US for vacation when my wife comes back. Her confirmation of pernament residence lists her hungarian passport number which will expire on september 10th. Can she apply for a new passport and travel with the new passport and new passport number and use that to land or does it have to be the original one. Because if we apply for a new passport the old one becomes invalid right away. Or can we use the old pasport just for show and have the new one as a valid passport. I already asked vienna 6 days ago and got no replly since.
Sincerely Szabo family
As far as I know (although I'm not an expert) the passport has to be valid at the time of landing. It also has to match the passport number printed on the copr.

Personally I would not risk any further delay and land with the current passport. After landing is done your wife can apply for the new passport at the Hungarian embassy.

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
alekgalorini said:
lol they are not cheap. My hubbys has all ready expired. which they might extend or ask for a new one.. I ordered my notes at 12months got them july 3 and at that point they not started a single thing.. this is more then irratating :-\. the time veinna takes to process an application is actualy only between 10-30days lol believe or not. is the time is takes to get to the application. i read on the CIC website under Vienna's audit.
Could you give us a link please?

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Avissa said:
Could you give us a link please?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/audit/vienna/10introduction-e.asp?_ga=1.140958964.715417536.1401112302