+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS Appointment for mom and dad ( Canadian PR / Passport submission letter )

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
HI we received passport request and it has only my Dad's name , when i try to book the appointment at VFS Global it ask me the number of applicant , and when i select 2 it ask me to upload document for my mom as well . do we need to upload same letter for both mom and dad ? Also do we need to enter same file number for both ?

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
HI we received passport request and it has only my Dad's name , when i try to book the appointment at VFS Global it ask me the number of applicant , and when i select 2 it ask me to upload document for my mom as well . do we need to upload same letter for both mom and dad ? Also do we need to enter same file number for both ?

Thanks
This only seems to be a problem at VFS in India, but yes, the letter covers both (it should read applicant plus dependents). So yes, I'd upload the same letter (if you want you could highlight the 'and applicants' part). [Did not do this in India myself but it comes up all the time here that VFS' automated systems there seem to believe more than one letter is needed]

Reactions: dpatel08

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
This only seems to be a problem at VFS in India, but yes, the letter covers both (it should read applicant plus dependents). So yes, I'd upload the same letter (if you want you could highlight the 'and applicants' part). [Did not do this in India myself but it comes up all the time here that VFS' automated systems there seem to believe more than one letter is needed]
Thanks

JM1994

Mar 2, 2023
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
We submitted it yesterday , i heard it can take up to 3 weeks , but most of the time it should be back in 7-10 days
oh okay, not bad then. Thank you.
I'm guessing the office must be busy with Sept intake applications too.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
oh okay, not bad then. Thank you.
I'm guessing the office must be busy with Sept intake applications too.
Yea thats what i am thinking too . let me know when you receive your passport back . And does it go to Delhi or Bangalore " ?