+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Veterinarians Applicants in New FSW Option Jan 2013 .. Please share Experience

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
Dear All ,
I am a Veterinarian graduated from Vet. Med. school (DVM)
I want to apply next Jan. under the new FSW
What I understood from new regulations for new FSW that they need only to evaluate our credentials against Canadian credentials through any assessment centre (not NEB or CVMA) and then when you are in Canada and want to work as a Vet you must apply to take CVMA exams (NEB), correct me if I am wrong ?
On the other hand there are some people applied directly to CVMA to evaluate their credentials to be ready in Jan 2013, is this possible? And if Yes do they will need to pass the 3 stages of NEB first ? which will take at least one year ??
Could you please give me more information about the credential assessment of Veterinarians to be ready for new FSW?
And if any one of you already contact CVMA ?
Please give me more details (include required documents) and links or emails of NEB if possible
Thanks in advance

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
My understanding was that the Govt put out a proposal call for companies to do credential assessments and the decision has not yet been made. I haven't been following this closely, so that may have happened by now and I am not aware of it. Check out the sticky topic created by OhCanadiana "NEW FSW POINTS..." at the top of the FSW page as I am sure you will find discussion there. Sorry can't answer the rest of your questions.

canadaFSW2013

Oct 26, 2012
Moga, Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3114 Veterinarian
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
will apply in 2014
Hello I am also a veterinarian, Education : 5 years BVSc & AH.
1. I think veterinarian do not need to pass the license exams to apply for immigration. License exams are required to pass after when you will be accepted and land in Canada, then you will pass license exams to get a job as veterinarian in Canada.
2. Canadian immigration authorities will issue a list of designated authorities who will evaluate veterinary medicine degree eraned outside Canada. So I can not say anything about evaluation of foreign credentials of your vet medicine degree from CVMA. They may accept your credentials evaluation, as so far CVMA is the only national veterinary medicine authority or association at present time. Chances are that CVMA will do foreign credential evaluation in 2013. Not sure.

canadaFSW2013

Oct 26, 2012
Moga, Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3114 Veterinarian
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
will apply in 2014
All ....veterinarians (NOC 3114) who want to apply federal immigration in coming year 2013 please share your experience over here in this thread....keep on writing ...

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
Thanks canadaFSW2013 for your thoughts , we are waiting for more Vets to share

canadaFSW2013

Oct 26, 2012
Moga, Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3114 Veterinarian
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
will apply in 2014
sasa80 said:
Thanks canadaFSW2013 for your thoughts , we are waiting for more Vets to share
Did you pass any exam BCSE, NAVLE , CPE ?

manavgupta

Dec 19, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
veterinarian noc 3114
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
overall 7 Band
hey guys any veterinarians NOC 3114 or other medical healthcare professionals

what are expected occupations in demand list in coming year..

how about general stream manitoba immigration.. how much is processing time .. i heard it's quite slow for general stream very few GS applicants accepted .. as compared to FS family stream .. i heard that april 2013 onwards MPNP would not prefer or priortize FS family stream .. means GS and FS would be processed at same time speed..

is there any other way for veterinarians to immigrate to Canada ?

by the way I have passed first and second CANADIAN veterinarian licensing exams , currently preparing for 3rd n last clinical exam.

What are the options for veterinarians to immigrate since it is hard to pass all the 3 exams , and get license exams while in India, clinical exam waiting time period in Canada is 16 months to 24 months (appxx. 1.5 to 2 years), it takes lot of time in now days to get a slot for last clinical exam CPE. It is just impossible to get license outside Canada and student visa / international student fee are very expensive.

kkingra

Jul 2, 2012
dear seniors does license exams passed has advantage / better chance for nomination for medical healthcare profession like veterinarian noc 3114, what are chances for nomination veterinarian noc 3114 overseas professional without job offer without any license exams cleared...lease share ur views. thanks