+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VERY VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION... PLEASE

Lauryn

Aug 16, 2007
has anybody applied for the sponsorship from within Canada and been succesfull?????? cause everything i read about it is bad bad bad! and i;m getting so upset and just thinkin what could happen.... i get so stressed!!!
Please, if someone has applied for that visa and everything went right, i would like to read about it, just to cheer up a little bit :(
Thanks again!

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Lauryn

Relax, of course they have!

I like this forum but it's not as organised as some of the others. Have a look at the ones that have timeline threads and you'll soon find a list of people that have successfully applied in-land. (Just don't forget that unfortunately in-land processing often takes much longer.)

Hope that helps you feel better.

Lauryn

Aug 16, 2007
well, what worries me the most is that my visitor's visa expires in february 2008 and i will have to apply for an extension of my visa, and i don't know if they will give it to me... what do u guys think?? if they don't give me the extension and i go back to spain, will i be able to come back to canada for 6 more months? I'M REALLY WORRIED...

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
Lauryn said:
well, what worries me the most is that my visitor's visa expires in february 2008 and i will have to apply for an extension of my visa, and i don't know if they will give it to me... what do u guys think?? if they don't give me the extension and i go back to spain, will i be able to come back to canada for 6 more months? I'M REALLY WORRIED...
Lauryn,

You said you are applying in Canada..correct? if you ready to send your in Canada application before Feb 2008, you will be fine. Do not forget to include an open work permit OWP with your application. If you do all this, you will not need to extend your visa stay in Canada as this will give you implied status. So, again remember to apply before FEB and to include an OWP.

Pacionga

Sep 28, 2007
Hallo canadian-loyal, as I'm interested too in this matter, can you please explain me how it works with this request of OWP to be sent together with your application? Because I read somewhere that you can request the work permit together with the sponsorship application, but this will be given to you when you receive AIP.
Or are you talking of a different kind of work permit?
Thanks for your reply!

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
Pacionga said:
Hallo canadian-loyal, as I'm interested too in this matter, can you please explain me how it works with this request of OWP to be sent together with your application? Because I read somewhere that you can request the work permit together with the sponsorship application, but this will be given to you when you receive AIP.
Or are you talking of a different kind of work permit?
Thanks for your reply!

You are correct. Either you down load or request the OWP with the sponsorship application forms. You fill it together with the in Canada sponsorship application. You send all together. The OWP keeps your status as "implied" till the AIP stage as long as you applied in right time before your current status is expired. Once you obtain AIP, normally the OWP is obtained at the same time of AIP. So you can start any work while waiting for the rest of the sponsorship process to finish.

Lauryn

Aug 16, 2007
Thank you so much!! now i see the light!! :)
so, if i send that OWP and it comes february, are u sure i don't have to apply for the extention??? I mean, what if by Feb i haven't got my AIP yet, and my visa expires? then i'm out of status, right??
How do i get that OWP form??

If what you say is true you just made my day, my week, my month and my whole year!!!
thanks again.

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
Lauryn said:
Thank you so much!! now i see the light!! :)
so, if i send that OWP and it comes february, are u sure i don't have to apply for the extention??? I mean, what if by Feb i haven't got my AIP yet, and my visa expires? then i'm out of status, right??
How do i get that OWP form??

If what you say is true you just made my day, my week, my month and my whole year!!!
thanks again.
Lauryn

I am not sure if you have understood my post correctly!!! Remember I said that you have to send your application, together with OWP, to CIC long before your visa is expired (before Feb 2008). You can either downlaod or request a form, the same as the sponsor application.
The first stage approval (AIP) takes at least 8 months to process and you will have to stay in Canada all the time. So be prepared.

Good luck

Lauryn

Aug 16, 2007
yes i understood, but I couldn't find that form in the CIC website.
I've been reading other posts too, and other forums, and some people says you still have to keep your status, so i have to apply for the extention anyways, otherwise i would be out of status.
That's my doubt.