+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very Urgent Please Guys, Passport and Visa Expiry

iulb

Mar 9, 2009
Guys,

Just need your kind help urgently and just need confirmed answers please.
I have my wife’s immigration visa expiry in 12 July 2010 and her passport expires in 23 August 2010 , would she be able to enter Canada in June without a problem ? or should she renew her passport ?

Please guys , I need your help urgently because I want to make the flight reservation and I’ve heard so many different views about that.

Thanks in advance for all of u .

Regards.

ranbir

Feb 24, 2010
hiii
hru?
its absolutely fine she can come here and apply for new passport here at indian consulate.

Romford

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd Sep 09
Med's Request
5 Nov 09
Med's Done....
6 Nov 09
Passport Req..
April 10, again July 10
VISA ISSUED...
July 10
LANDED..........
Oct 4, 2010......
she can travel with current passport and apply for new one in canada, or she can get new from india and travel with visa on old passport. as passport with valid visa could be carried with new one, should not be any problem.

iulb

Mar 9, 2009
Guys Romford , Ranbir, Thanks for your inputs about this issue , but actually i talked to the canadian embassy here and they told me that i should either renew the passport and travel with both passports or send both again for restamping the visa on the new one. What do u think? I think i'll be going with Romford suggestion.

Any other inputs guys?

Bye

iulb

Mar 9, 2009
Please Guys , any more CONFIRMED inputs about this situation bc i'm really confused

farhaniqbal

Nov 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2009
Doc's Request.
21-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 14-09-2012 and PPR2, 05-10-12, Decision Made on 8-10-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-12
LANDED..........
November 1, 2012 at Calgary
iulb said:
Guys Romford , Ranbir, Thanks for your inputs about this issue , but actually i talked to the canadian embassy here and they told me that i should either renew the passport and travel with both passports or send both again for restamping the visa on the new one. What do u think? I think i'll be going with Romford suggestion.

Any other inputs guys?

Bye
If you have already talked to canadian embassy, then do u think that some one is gonna give information which is more credible than canadian embassy itself?

kash0081

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
boss one thing .... if you change the passport the canadian visa will become invalid ..... even if it is valid in the old passport ...
if passport is re-issued , due to cancelletion or expiry or any other reason CANADIAN visa on old passport will become invalid .... so please dont do that .... this is true ... i have checked with the embassy .....
just travel and get it renewed in canada .... simple ,,,,
best regards.
kash.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iulb said:
Guys,

Just need your kind help urgently and just need confirmed answers please.
I have my wife's immigration visa expiry in 12 July 2010 and her passport expires in 23 August 2010 , would she be able to enter Canada in June without a problem ? or should she renew her passport ?

Please guys , I need your help urgently because I want to make the flight reservation and I've heard so many different views about that.

Thanks in advance for all of u .

Regards.

Do not worry. Travel to Canada without hesitation before YOUR WIFE"S CANADIAN VISA EXPIRES. Once you in Canada, you can visit India Consulate and get your wife's passport validity extended.

mistzone

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wifes US visa was on old passport and new passport had old passport reference number and stamp of valid visa on new passport by Indian passport office. And we entered USA no problem.

I would suggest you land in Canada and apply Indian embassy there for new passport, as if you do in India it will stuck if some issues (like if you were out of india for past one year etc..) even in Tatkal service, I will prefer foreign country Indian Embassy to issue a new passport and form does has option asking whether it contains Valid Visa.

kash0081 said:
boss one thing .... if you change the passport the canadian visa will become invalid ..... even if it is valid in the old passport ...
if passport is re-issued , due to cancelletion or expiry or any other reason CANADIAN visa on old passport will become invalid .... so please dont do that .... this is true ... i have checked with the embassy .....
just travel and get it renewed in canada .... simple ,,,,
best regards.
kash.

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Travel with old passport and as soon as you land goto Indian Embassy or High Commission and apply for new passport.

Do not worry. Since it is PR Visa it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Regards,
Laxmikanth'

iulb

Mar 9, 2009
My friends;laxmikanthms, mistzone, rocky272727, kash0081 and farhaniqbal , Thank you all for your answers and taking the time to help me.
I went in person to the canadian embassy in Riyadh - KSA and asked about the situation and they confirmed that i can travel with old passport without a problem , but the thing that i didn't figure out : "why that person on the phone yesterday told me to renew the passport??"

Anyway , I'll go on booking flights hoping everything will be OK.

Thanks again guys and wish all good luck in your applications and future in Canada.

Have a nice and lucky day.