+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**Very Urgent-Need Help**Police Clearence Certificate Validity

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Hello All

I got to know that police clearences have to issued not before 3 months of date of submission of application.

I was in US for an year and half and moved back to India in April 2009.However before leaving US I had applied for my clearence certificate which I recd in last week of May.Now I am in process of collecting my docs and giving my IELTS.I will not be able to submit all my docs before Aug end.

Can any one let me know if the 3 months time frame is also applicale for countires you are not currently staying in??

Thanks in advance

cheers!

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, its interesting question. Police certificate validation is 3 months, as I understand its because CIC should to know if applicant made any offensive during after this period. Just Personal idea, so what about a place where we were living 5 years ago and never again travled that place, so if we have PCC from that place, how long its validity should to be?? and specifically place where its hard to get PCC, let see what seniors say about this. Its BUMP from me.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mahharrouf said:
Yes, its interesting question. Police certificate validation is 3 months, as I understand its because CIC should to know if applicant made any offensive during after this period. Just Personal idea, so what about a place where we were living 5 years ago and never again travled that place, so if we have PCC from that place, how long its validity should to be?? and specifically place where its hard to get PCC, let see what seniors say about this. Its BUMP from me.
CHC/CIC states no older than 3 months when submitted. Why should an IO have to request every passport page from the applicant for the past 20 years to determine that the applicant never returned to country X after getting his PCC 20 years ago? How many employers would that take with about 500K applications or more per year?

PMM

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Thanks for your inputs.

However is this criteria(validity for 3 months) mentioned officially on Immigration website?

Rgds

Naveen

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
i know of cases from the forum whose PCC would be a month or 15 days old since 3 months were over and they were asked to resubmit and i've read other cases where the PCC was 5-6 months old and there was no objection.

the best thing would be to submit before your PCC expires.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

IT applicant said:
Thanks for your inputs.

However is this criteria(validity for 3 months) mentioned officially on Immigration website?

Rgds

Naveen
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

PMM

soon

Dec 2, 2009
My PCC were issued on 15th-25th september time frame and my application is received at CIO today ie December 02.Do I need new PCC's or these will fall under the criteria of 3-month validity at the time of submission???

Please Help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

soon said:
My PCC were issued on 15th-25th september time frame and my application is received at CIO today ie December 02.Do I need new PCC's or these will fall under the criteria of 3-month validity at the time of submission???

Please Help
No, they were no older than 3 months when the application was submitted.

PMM