+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

very upset ,need urgent help !!!

shehzad007

Dec 3, 2009
Hello All,

I have very urgent question ,regarding to apply for work permit . my friend who is in USA from last 3 years just holding original I-94 no other legal status.
Can he apply for canada work permit. He found a employer ,who is willing to apply for LMO.

After gettting LMO ,will he can apply for visa at usa on ,original i-94.

Please ,he really need ur kind help.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
shehzad007 said:
Hello All,

I have very urgent question ,regarding to apply for work permit . my friend who is in USA from last 3 years just holding original I-94 no other legal status.
Can he apply for canada work permit. He found a employer ,who is willing to apply for LMO.

After gettting LMO ,will he can apply for visa at usa on ,original i-94.

Please ,he really need ur kind help.
Is the I94 still valid after three years?

shehzad007

Dec 3, 2009
job_seeker said:
Is the I94 still valid after three years?

Thanks for reply. No it has expired ,because it was only valid for one year. they issued it for one year validity. and he is in usa for last three years??

please help .

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shehzad007 said:
Thanks for reply. No it has expired ,because it was only valid for one year. they issued it for one year validity. and he is in usa for last three years??

please help .
No he can't apply in the US as one of the requirements is lawful status http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/permit_work-travail_permis.aspx?lang=eng

PMM

shehzad007

Dec 3, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

No he can't apply in the US as one of the requirements is lawful status http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/permit_work-travail_permis.aspx?lang=eng

PMM
but why his solicator told him ,he only needs i-94 .

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
shehzad007 said:
but why his solicator told him ,he only needs i-94 .
Yes, he needs his I94- valid I94. The Canadian visa office asks for the I94 and the passport where the US visa is stamped.

shehzad007

Dec 3, 2009
job_seeker said:
Yes, he needs his I94- valid I94. The Canadian visa office asks for the I94 and the passport where the US visa is stamped.
But his i-94 has expired ,because it was only valid for 1 year. and his visa is also expired. so can he apply ????