+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very sad, need some advice (failed one course)

xenoboy

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello my friends I need some advice

I am currently enrolled in Project Management at Centennial College (2 semesters) this was my last one.

I am going to start Construction Management on September at the same College.

I own an Off campus work permit

My student and work permit expired at the end of November of this year.

I just realized that I failed one of my courses, I have some questions:

I was thinking in working full time this summer ( I got a nice job), but I guess something is gonna happen to my off campus work-permit (any limitation or maybe lose it?)

How bad this look for my records with CIC?

This will be an Issue when I tried to renew my student (and work) permit on October?

I do not know yet, If I am going to be allowed to take this course during the summer or If I will have to wait for sept.

I would really appreciate some advice

All yours

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sad to hear your dilemma. I have no advice. Keep pushing, you will get there.

My only thought is that I wonder if you can take an extra course during the semester to improve yourself. Maybe you can take a English course.

xenoboy

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks!

And well, this Monday I will contact my school and also will give a call to CIC I guess to ask some questions.

I failed a course of cost and estimations, I hope I can do it in the summer.

Once I have news I will post them here

I will have to move on, see you!

xenoboy

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys!

About R well, no comments.

This is what is going to happen:

- I can keep my work permit, because my accumulative GPA still being higher than 2.0

- I will take again this course during the summer

- I can work a maximum of 20 hours per week only, because I am taking one course.

This is a bitter experience for me, but I do not have another option but just to move on, and improve as an student and person.

R

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xenoboy said:
Thanks guys!

About R well, no comments.

This is what is going to happen:

- I can keep my work permit, because my accumulative GPA still being higher than 2.0

- I will take again this course during the summer

- I can work a maximum of 20 hours per week only, because I am taking one course.

This is a bitter experience for me, but I do not have another option but just to move on, and improve as an student and person.
Do not want to hurt you. Here in Canada, no one cares or ask about 20 hours work rule. You are just FREE to work as long as you want. You really need SIN number to work. Its very rare to find a REGULAR cash base job. You can find a lot of irregular (just for 3 or 4 days) cash based jobs.

xenoboy

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R said:
Do not want to hurt you. Here in Canada, no one cares or ask about 20 hours work rule. You are just FREE to work as long as you want. You really need SIN number to work. Its very rare to find a REGULAR cash base job. You can find a lot of irregular (just for 3 or 4 days) cash based jobs.
What you are saying is completely out of the topic

I do have a SIN number of course

I have never talked about illegal options to work in Canada

It is really hard to try to understand what you are trying to say

Cheers!