+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very important question for International student

KEM

Sep 11, 2006
I heard that if you have brother/sister or parents are canadian permanent residence then you can not get the Student visa .... is this true?? however there is no rule is mentioned in anywhere...

Anyone who knows about it or know someone whom siblings are PR and get student visa??

tiger007

Champion Member
KEM said:
I heard that if you have brother/sister or parents are canadian permanent residence then you can not get the Student visa .... is this true?? however there is no rule is mentioned in anywhere...

Anyone who knows about it or know someone whom siblings are PR and get student visa??
Hi,

There is no such rule(s).

Getting a Canadian Study permit, depends totally on your profile- Overall academic marks/record is the biggest factor (especially, the marks of the last major degree), relevant course selection, good IELTS score, proper finance and overall consistent profile is what V.Os are usually looking for. It has NOTHING to do if you have a sibling already studying or already a PR in Canada.

*** All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KEM said:

It is often thought (and preached by agents) that if you show relatives/ siblings in canada, your chances of a visa are reduced. This is not true. I myself had relatives as sponsors when i applied and got a 4 year visa.

It just depends on how you portray yourself as a genuine student. If you look/ sound a little sketchy, then they would object that you will not come back and refuse you, regardless of if you have relatives in canada or not.

shahzaman1984

Aug 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-02-2013
Med's Request
26-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
Soon
A friend of mine was issued Canadian study permit but due to family reasons he couldn't go to Canada. Neither he intends to pursue studies in future as well. Now his brother has filed application for student visa. Given that my friend's visa is still valid, will it affect his brother's chances of getting visa?

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahzaman1984 said:
A friend of mine was issued Canadian study permit but due to family reasons he couldn't go to Canada. Neither he intends to pursue studies in future as well. Now his brother has filed application for student visa. Given that my friend's visa is still valid, will it affect his brother's chances of getting visa?
Why would it?

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
I'm just going to share my experience to give you some peace of mind.

A sibling of mine had already graduated from Canada and was on her PGWP when I had decided to apply for my permit. My Family had also applyed for a permanent residence visa in the past and never responded mid way to the embassy requests for medical etc so our application was ultimately denied.

Despite all of this I applyed for my visa and got it within 5 days.

They don't hold a grudge against you. You'll get what you deserve in the end.