+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very Good Stuff for KENNEY. Read it for sure.

applicantpre8

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2004
Doc's Request.
July 2008
Med's Request
Now Tired of Waiting...........
Med's Done....
Eye side getting weak & weak waiting POSTMAN & checking Email
What’s in a Name?
February 27th, 2013
Share on facebook Share on linkedin Share on twitter Share on email Share on print Share on gmail Share on stumbleupon Share on favorites More Sharing Services
When it comes to Canadian immigration, actually quite a bit is in a name, especially if the name is “Murphy” or “Sharma”.

Canada has become a magnet for young unemployed and underemployed workers from Ireland. The Murphys of the world and their countrymen have seen a dramatic rise in their fortunes when it comes to Canadian immigration. They are among the beneficiaries of Canada’s International Experience Class (IEC) of immigration. Under the program, Irish citizens below the age of 36, can come and work in Canada for up to two years, without a prearranged job. After one year of skilled work in Canada, they can apply for a Canadian permanent resident visa.

What was once the domain of backpackers looking for a working holiday has become an easy pathway to Canadian citizenship for down-on-their-luck Irish engineers, lawyers, and tradespersons. There is no doubting the popularity of the IEC visa program. This year’s allotment of 6350 free passes was scooped up in a couple of days. But despair not Irish readers, next year our Immigration Minister plans to raise the quota to 10,000, which will mark a 100% increase from 2011.

Contrast the foregoing with the likely Canadian immigration experience of someone named “Sharma”. For one thing, there is no program that allows citizens of India to come work in Canada without an arranged job offer from a Canadian employer. Even with a genuine offer of employment, it is hit or miss as to whether Canadian visa officers will issue a work permit. As likely as not, the work permit application will be refused because it is felt that the applicant will not leave Canada when the visa expires, on the grounds of “insufficient ties to the home country” and “poor prospects for employment in the home country”.

In essence, it is much easier to come work and then immigrate to Canada, without a job offer, from Ireland than it is to come work and then immigrate to Canada, with a job offer, from India. It does seem to smack of unequal treatment. Why would our officials think that an unemployed Irish national without an arranged job offer in Canada is more likely to leave Canada when his/her visa expires than the employed citizen of India with a job waiting in Canada?

On a related matter, it strikes me as quite unfair to put out the welcome mat for thousands of Europe’s “poor and huddled masses” while at the same time terminating the permanent resident applications of almost 300,000 individuals from Asia and Africa, who followed the rules and waited patiently, year after year, for a chance to come to Canada.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Speaking English. Period.

It is now known, that being a native speaking English person, who has also been born into a Western culture, settles and becomes more prosperous in Canada than a non English speaking person.

This is not racist, this is just facts. I am sure many will refute this statement but I live in Canada and I can tell you from the ground floor, badly speaking English immigrants are scorned, mocked and ridiculed by most Canadians.

The lesson, learn English, I mean really learn to speak the language.

farney bhoy

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th July 2011
AOR Received.
PER 20-10-2011
IELTS Request
Filed with application
Med's Request
28/02/13. Together with RPRF.
Med's Done....
11/03/13. Meds received 09/04/13
Passport Req..
23/05/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/07/2013
LANDED..........
24/09/2013. Toronto.
angelbrat said:
Speaking English. Period.

It is now known, that being a native speaking English person, who has also been born into a Western culture, settles and becomes more prosperous in Canada than a non English speaking person.

This is not racist, this is just facts. I am sure many will refute this statement but I live in Canada and I can tell you from the ground floor, badly speaking English immigrants are scorned, mocked and ridiculed by most Canadians.

The lesson, learn English, I mean really learn to speak the language.
I am Irish and i have to say it does seem unfair on those who are of Asian or African origin. I think the fact that English is our first language has a lot to do with it but also we are a highly educated workforce that has been exporting our labour to many countries in large numbers since the 1850's and beyond. In turn we have a long history of emmigration to Canada and have a huge diaspora there.

I think the Canadian govt has been a lot better in their immigration policies ( up until the pre 2008 cases) than most other 1st world economies so i hope that the issue is based on language rather than race.

I am a FSW applicant and have shared the same ups and downs as many Asians and others. It has taken 2 years to get to the Medical stage while others from India and Pakistan have applied later and had their files processed quicker. There may be an issue with IEC entrants but that is certainly not the case with the FSW in my own experience.

Finally it is not only Ireland who are benifiting from the IEC intake so it is unfair to single us out. We are but one small country in Europe. I wish you well in your goal of reaching Canada and good fortune when you get there my friend.

By the way my name is not Murphy! :D