+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

Sheena87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hi, I have a few queries. Is there anyone here who has received study permit inspite of 10+ years of academic gap? If the college we're applying to doesn't have any problem, can the visa officer still cite this as a reason for refusal? I have relevant professional experience to show for that gap period and my college says it is acceptable. Also, if I get an LMIA supported job offer after completing my course can I apply for PR rightaway or do I have to wait till completion of PGWP? Would greatly appreciate some insight on the above.

nehacaga

Aug 31, 2020
Delhi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
India
IELTS Request
08-21-2020
Hello There,

Just wanted to understand the procedure and scope for Single parent to apply for Student Visa,

I am a 30 yrs old single parent, highest level of qualification is B.Com and have a 4 yr old daughter, Could anyone make me understand the procedure and scope for me to apply for International Student visa for Canada and steps required for me to apply for my daughter's visa so that I can accompany her over there? I have my cousin brother and his family already settled in Canada as Canadian citizens who have agreed to help me? Looking forward for one of your advise.
Could someone please help here?

Dockrrish

Jun 20, 2016
Please help me in answering these 2questions.
1. Is WES evaluation required for applying to a college or student visa?
2. What is grade B Ontario standard

PAUL7

Sep 8, 2020
Firstly, while I am initiating an upgrade without adding any new credentials, it is starting as a new application and says I will be getting a new reference number after completion of the process. Therefore, I am keen on knowing whether the old reference number is still valid for IRCC or we can use the new reference number for the same.

Secondly, There is a Document checklist of the same documents which I have sent earlier. I haven’t updated any new credentials and sending the same documents again from the University is a tedious process in this pandemic. I have also read in WES website that it will be storing the previously sent documents for future evaluations, so kindly advise me on that. Should I be sending the documents or will they updated from previous ones? what would be the timeline?

The last query I have is with respect to the first query, if the new reference is not valid for IRCC Express Entry profile then, is there any charge for ordering a duplicate IRCC from upgraded course-by-course evaluation.

Thanks in advance.

nehacaga

Aug 31, 2020
Delhi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
India
IELTS Request
08-21-2020
Hello There,

Just wanted to understand the procedure and scope for Single parent to apply for Student Visa,

I am a 30 yrs old single parent, highest level of qualification is B.Com and have a 4 yr old daughter, Could anyone make me understand the procedure and scope for me to apply for International Student visa for Canada and steps required for me to apply for my daughter's visa so that I can accompany her over there? I have my cousin brother and his family already settled in Canada as Canadian citizens who have agreed to help me? Looking forward for one of your advise.
Hi Guys,

Could someone please help here?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

indogenius

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Hi , I have two questions regarding PGWP.

1.If some body had completed the education in canada 2 year back and left the country without applying pgwp ,can they still apply?

2.If they are not able to ,can they take new course and apply for the pgwp now after missing to apply last time ?

please help and if somebody can share the cic link with that information that will be great?

croc007

Nov 15, 2020
Hi, I have a few queries. Is there anyone here who has received study permit inspite of 10+ years of academic gap? If the college we're applying to doesn't have any problem, can the visa officer still cite this as a reason for refusal? I have relevant professional experience to show for that gap period and my college says it is acceptable. Also, if I get an LMIA supported job offer after completing my course can I apply for PR rightaway or do I have to wait till completion of PGWP? Would greatly appreciate some insight on the above.
Hi sheena87, you can take a look at the below thread regarding how risky it is to get a study permit if you are 30+.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/borderline-crs-and-30-age-scenarios-for-express-entry-profile-india.710292/

Second, chances of LMIA are rare unless you are special (will you be working in a field where your employer can't find a Canadian for that job?). But if you do get LMIA then you can apply for PR right away.

croc007

Nov 15, 2020
Hi Friends,

I am 32 years old with 10 years of corporate experience. I am planning to come to Canada on Study visa. But confused either i should go with Masters or Diploma.

For Masters , i understand there is a OINP stream which can help.
But,If i go with 2 year Diploma from Ontario college, do we have any OINP stream which can help me to get PR if in case my points will not meet under Federal system.

Please provide suggestions!
Hello. You can check the below thread and decide if you want to pursue higher education at the age of 32.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/borderline-crs-and-30-age-scenarios-for-express-entry-profile-india.710292/

zeze2021

Nov 22, 2020
I am a Pakistani who is enrolled at the University of Western Ontario Canada as an undergraduate. I submitted my biometrics on 20th August 2020, passed my medical exam on the 28th of September. My university's COVID readiness plan was approved on the 17th of November.

When can I expect my Visa to be approved?

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Is there a list of Masters Degree Programs that can lead to PNP? The list on this thread dates to 2012. Looking for potential PR options for 23 yr old with Bcom degree (India), willing to switch fields. Thanks!

Srivishu11

Feb 9, 2019
Hi Friends,

I am 32 years old with 10 years of corporate experience. I am planning to come to Canada on Study visa. But confused either i should go with Masters or Diploma.

For Masters , i understand there is a OINP stream which can help.
But,If i go with 2 year Diploma from Ontario college, do we have any OINP stream which can help me to get PR if in case my points will not meet under Federal system.

Please provide suggestions!
Well, I am on the same boat as you are. I have Masters and not want to upgrade myself, thanks to Covid that has weakened my prospects for a job or to save existing one. I am considering a PGDiploma course in Canada.

jeniferrees

Nov 30, 2020
Hello friends,

I am looking to immigrate as a international student along with my family. I have done MCA and please suggest me which will be best course for PR Process? Am i Eligible for PR if i do 1 year Post Secondary diploma course? Please suggest me. Thank You!