Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Hi All,

Request you to please give provide ur advise
Below is my Profile:

10th : 79 %
12th : 71%
Bsc in Microbiology : 73%
PGDM in Insurance Management : 7.0 cgpa.
3 + years of work experience as a IT Business Analyst in Insurance domain.
IELTS : 8 bands overall.

No Gaps till date. I have chosen Information System Business analyst certificate program [T405] offered by George Brown college.

I wanted to know if my profile can get student Visa and appropriate job in Canada.

Looking forward to your response.

Aug 19, 2014
Hello Everyone, Me and my wife right now in USA on F1 student (my wife) and i am on her dependent visa from last 3 months. But my H1b has been rejected so we are thinking to move canada on student basis on my wife and i will be dependent on her with open work permit. What are the chances and which area in canada should we focus on ? Can anyone please guide or give lawyer information or college information?

Thanks in advance for your valuable reply.
Dipesh

unarmed

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
hello,
i am in canada toronto on student visa for one year course, i have planned to study for two years so that i can get around three year work permit, please guide me that after completion of current one year college certificate course in which province i should move so that pr becomes easy because friends around me saying that go to alberta or saska. or manitoba or british columbia to get PR easily as comparing to ontario.

i have also Applied to ontario universities so that i can become eligible for ontario pnp under international masters, please tell me what should i do, I am so confused that which way to follow to get PR.

i have following options right now-
1. complete this current college course and move to other province for another one year college course and then get a job and PR.
2. go to university in ontario and complete masters from here and apply for ontario pnp.
3. move to other province right away as my college course is yet to start within 14 days.

profile - already a masters degree from indian and having 5 years of indian work experience in management.
- IELTS academic 7.5 ,no less than 6.5

thanks a lot for reading.

Saransh_Delhi

Aug 20, 2014
Hi Tiger007,

Saransh from Delhi. I am a graduate in Commerce from University of Delhi with 53% and now I am pursuing CFA (International), going for Level 1 in December 14.
As I want to major in Fiance, therefore, I am planning to go for 1 year Post-Graduate Certificate (Fall 2015) in Financial Planning from one of the good coleges in Ontario. As my graduation percentage is 53%, I think I won't be able to take admission into any of the Universities there.

Please let me know if there are any universities in which I would be able to take admission which accept 53% and if not, kindly tell me about the worth of entering into Financial Planning Program and best colleges for doing this program. I am considering GBC, Humber, Seneca, Sheridan, and Centennial.

Thanks.

manakjain

Aug 25, 2014
I am currently doing computer engineering from India and above average student. I am very interested to come to Canada for future education in computers.
If you can please help me with below questions to choose the right career for myself

What is the easiest/fastest way to get PR after post graduate studies? (Post Graduate, Master of Science or Master of Engineering)
What is best post graduate course PG, ME or MS thinking to get PR in mind?
What is best college for computers you can suggest in Canada?
Can someone after getting PR call parents? Can parents get PR?
Is it possible to set some business after getting PR in Canada?
How much time citizenship takes after PR?

SunkariR

Mar 18, 2014
Hello Everyone,

We (Myself and my Wife) are planning to settle in Canada. For this my wife is going to apply for Study permit and can i apply for Dependent visa along with her Study permit. We are planning for this Jan 2015 intake. She is into Hospital management side and completed her MBA in 2011 and working since then and I am working as a Software Test Engineer.
Please guide us.

Regards,
Raman.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
hello I just need your thoughts on this

got approved for student visa yet I just have another inquiry maybe you know about it..

I received my passport and letter of confirmation that student visa application has been approved. But I am confused with the dates stamped on the TRV because it was from Aug. 11, 2014 - April 7, 2015. What does it mean? Is the study permit valid only on that dates too? I was told student permits and TRV's are more likely in the same length so now I am confused because the application that I submitted online stated that I am applying for student permit and temporary resident visa and my classes starts on January 7, 2015- December 11, 2015 along with the confirmation letter from the school that confirms my program and study date.

Also, on the package that was sent along with the passport, is a document that confirms the approval of the application, which i believe is the port of entry letter, however at the bottom of the letter it says permit details and type of permit is WP, will this be the same as Student Permit, I know WP stands for work permit, Is this something new because rules for student visa has changed? Or was it a wrong one?

Tried sending an email to CiC but no reply yet

bhargav147

Jul 16, 2014
Since I have different date of birth in school leaving certificate compare to passport, so it's mandatory to apply school leaving certificate for visa. I have completed B.E. this year.please help me

tiger007

Champion Member
CANADIAN IMMIGRATION PROGRAMS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STUDYING IN CANADA:

UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 2014. -- Check the Official website links for detailed information.

PNPs (Provincial Nominee Programs):

1. Alberta -

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)

www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp.aspx

With new changes to the program applying for permanent residence is now easier than ever. It's still free to apply and processing times are fast. New changes include:

Choose to apply with or without an employer
You only need one (1) year of post-secondary education
Apply right away if you are employed in a full-time occupation
Your job does not have to be related to your education
NOC C occupations are now eligible (some additional criteria apply)

There are two categories international students can choose from for permanent residence.

Apply without your employer through the Strategic Recruitment Stream Post-Graduate Worker Category (PGWC) -Open ONLY to international students passing out from an Alberta based recognized educational institute.
www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/srs-post-graduate-worker.aspx

OR

Apply with your employer through the Employer-Driven Stream International Graduate Category (IGC) - Open also for Out of Province students.
www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-international-graduate-criteria.aspx

Differences between the International Graduate Category (IGC) and Post-Graduate Worker Category(PGWC).
1) How you apply - under the PGWC you apply on your own; this means you must meet all of the criteria and provide all required documents. Under the IGC you must apply with your employer. This means both you and your employer have criteria that each of you must meet as part of the assessment process and both of you have documents to provide for the application.
2) Employer criteria - for the IGC, your employer must show they have offered you a permanent, full-time position and show that you are working full-time in an eligible occupation. Under the PGWC, your employment does not have to be permanent, but does still have to be full-time, and you must show you are working full-time in an eligible occupation.
3) Education - under the IGC you must have completed your post-secondary education at an eligible institution in Canada (including Alberta); under the PGWC you are only eligible if you completed your post-secondary education at an eligible institution in Alberta.
These main differences are reflected in the document checklists; documents are slightly different in each one. It is up to you to review the criteria and document checklists for these categories and decide if you qualify to apply. If you think you qualify under both categories, it is up to you to select which one of the categories is the best fit for your personal circumstances.

Ineligible Occupations list, to apply under PGWC or IGC:
www.albertacanada.com/files/albertacanada/AINP_SRS_IntlpostGrad_ineligible_occList.pdf

You may also be eligible for other categories like the Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta Work Experience Category, the Engineering Occupations Category, the Compulsory and Optional Trades Category or some of other new AINP initiatives

Engineering occupations criteria:
You must provide evidence of related education/training and experience as an engineer, designer or drafter.
You must be currently working or have worked within the last two years in Alberta either directly or on contract for an Alberta Employer.
Your occupation in Alberta must be on the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations List.
www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-engineering-occupations-criteria.aspx

AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations List:
www.albertacanada.com/files/albertacanada/SRS_Engineering_NOC_List_Managers_Added_Comms.pdf

Compulsory and optional trades criteria:
You must have
an Alberta Qualification Certificate in a compulsory or optional trade, or
a Recognized Trade Certificate in a compulsory or optional trade issued by a recognized regulatory authority in Canada recognized by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT)
You must show, at the time of application, that you are either currently working in your trade for an Alberta Employer or have previously worked in your trade with an Alberta Employer for a minimum of six months in the past two years.
www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-compulsory-optional-trades-criteria.aspx

List of compulsory or optional trade:
tradesecrets.alberta.ca/trades-occupations/trades-occupations-list/ - where links not available, plz add http:// in-front of the address.

2. British Columbia (B.C)

www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/About-the-BC-PNP.aspx

International Graduates:
Usually should have completed a min. 12 months course in or outside B.C. Should have pursued an approved degree programme form an approved educational institute. Should have a full time skilled (NOC O,A or B) job offer. The job offer must be from an approved employer. There is no need to work for certain number of months.
The BC PNP will also consider applications for positions under Skill Levels C and D of the NOC Matrix where the employer can demonstrate that there is a structured plan for career progression to an occupation at Skill Level 0, A or B. Nominee applicants whose eligibility is based on a job offer in a NOC C or D occupation may be required to submit a language proficiency test.
www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/International-Graduates.aspx

International Post-Graduates Stream:
Nominee Applicants to the International Post-Graduates category must have satisfied the requirements for an eligible masters or doctorate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in BC within the last two years.
Provided they meet certain conditions and have passed out with an eligible graduate degree, direct PNP nomination and PR is possible, without any job offer. No caps.
Eligible Graduate Degree Programs
A graduate degree (masters or earned doctorate) awarded for studies in the natural, applied or health sciences. This includes programs in the following fields of study:
•Agriculture
•Biological and Biomedical Sciences
•Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
•Engineering
•Engineering Technology
•Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences
•Mathematics and Statistics
•Natural Resources Conservation and Research
•Physical Sciences
www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/International-Post-Graduates.aspx

There is another Entry Level and Semi-Skilled stream for foreign workers, where NOC C and D jobs are considered ONLY for these 3 specific sectors -
•Tourism and Hospitality
•Long-Haul Trucking
•Food Processing
where, applicants need to gain 9 months work experience in above mentioned sectors only. So, students after getting PGWP... can go for PR via this route too.
www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/Entry-Level-or-Semi-skilled.aspx

Designated Health Professionals Stream:
Applications in this category are limited to:
Registered nurses, psychiatric nurses and physicians recruited by provincial and regional health authorities administered through Health Match BC, and who meet the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)'s requirements
Midwives who meet the Provincial Nominee Program's requirements
www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/Health-Care-Professionals.aspx

Northeast Pilot Project:
In April 2012, the B.C. government launched a two-year pilot project to expand the types of workers eligible for the BC Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) in the Northeast Development Region only.The application deadline for the Northeast Pilot Project has been extended to March 31, 2015. Applicants require 9 months work experience in NOC C or D occupations in any sector in Northeast region of B.C.
www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/Working-in-B-C-s-Northeast.aspx

3. Ontario

www.ontarioimmigration.ca/OI/en/pnp/index.htm

Pilot International Masters Graduate Stream and
International Student Category's PhD Graduate Stream:

Only for Master and PHD graduates of Ontario based universities. No job offer needed, direct PNP provided, provided 1 meets certain conditions.

ONLY applicable for Pilot International Masters Graduate Stream.
Condition include - is to show bank statements of having minimum 11,086 $ (for one person) consistently for past 6 months (at the time of applying without job) prior to applying.Must have IELTS 7 score (all bands). One also needs to spend atleast 1 year in Ontario and can apply in the final sem of their studies (like if Master is of more than 1 year).
A graduate or will soon be graduating from a Masters program from one of Ontario's publicly funded universities, may be able to apply to Opportunities Ontario for nomination as a permanent resident, under the International Student Category's Masters Graduate Stream. Opportunities Ontario has a target of 2,500 nominations in 2014.. It can be very difficult to get nomination, considering there are many more International Master's students passing out of Ontario based universities every year.

A graduate of a PhD program in one of Ontario's publicly funded universities, may be able to apply to Opportunities Ontario for nomination as a permanent resident, under the International Student Category's PhD Graduate Stream. Opportunities Ontario has a target of 2,500 nominations in 2014.
www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html
www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERSAPPLY.html#_qualify
www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_PHD.html
www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_PHDAPPLY.html#_qualify

International Students with a Job Offer stream:
For other graduates (of both Ontario based educational institutes and graduates of other provinces ) who are not Master or PHD degree holders (of Ontario universities).. they must apply under International Students with a Job Offer.
There is a whole set of rules including getting a skilled job offer (NOC O,A or B) from a pre- approved employer is required. No need to work for certain number of months, and direct PNP nomination if shown skilled approved employer 's job offer.
www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_JOB.html

4. Manitoba

There are three paths to Manitoba:
• Manitoba Employment: Applications are accepted at any time year-round from temporary foreign workers and international student graduates who are currently working in Manitoba, having been offered a permanent job after six months with their Manitoba employer.
Skilled Workers with a Connection to Manitoba: Applications are accepted – during intake periods set annually by the MPNP – from qualified skilled workers who are not currently working in Manitoba but demonstrate a strong connection to the province through family or friends, past education or employment, or by invitation of the MPNP, and be assessed sufficient points on five eligibility factors – age, English proficiency, work experience, education and adaptability.
• Investors and entrepreneurs: visit our business stream: MPNP-B.

Manitoba Experience
Manitoba Experience is a way for skilled workers who are not employed in Manitoba to demonstrate that they have the Connection to Manitoba required of all applicants to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP).

Manitoba Experience means that in the past you lived in the province as a visiting worker (TFW) or as an international student.
Manitoba Experience is your connection; to be eligible for the MPNP you must demonstrate you can be assessed sufficient points for language, employability, education, age and adaptability according to the MPNP Self-assessment Worksheet.
Skilled workers considering applying with connection of Manitoba Experience may refer to the points worksheet to see how many points you may be assessed for your past employment, or for your past education (dependent on your level and duration of studies).

Note: 2014 Application Intake is closed for all skilled workers except those whose assessed connection is Manitoba Employment or Manitoba Invitation.

Past employment in Manitoba:
• In the past, you worked full-time for a Manitoba employer at least six consecutive months.
• Submit signed employer letter of reference on company letterhead AND copy of work permit proving you worked in Manitoba.
Past education in Manitoba:
• As an international student you attended and completed an authorized education or training program at a public, or registered private vocational, post-secondary institution in Manitoba. (Language studies are not authorized.)
• To prove you studied in Manitoba, submit the three following documents: 1. your study permit(s); 2. your academic transcripts, and 3. the certificate, diploma or degree you received for completing the program.

www.immigratemanitoba.com/apply-to-mpnp/mpnp-eligibility/

www.immigratemanitoba.com/apply-to-mpnp/mpnp-eligibility/manitoba-experience/

Study in Manitoba: www.gov.mb.ca/ie/study/index.html

MPNP POINTS CALCULATOR : www.immigratemanitoba.com/asset_library/2013/09/manitoba-immigration-mpnp-points-worksheet-interactive.pdf

MPNP tool: hluidsurveys.com/surveys/immigration-surveys/mpnp-survey/

5. Nova Scotia

***LATEST NEW CHANGE - OPENING OF NOVA SCOTIA PNP FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS , STARTING JUNE 6, 2014.

Beginning today, June 6, an international graduate from a Canadian college or university, with a job offer from a Nova Scotia employer, can apply for permanent residency through the nominee program's Skilled Worker stream.
Before submitting an application to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program,the applicant must have a minimum of 12 months (1,560 hours) of related work experience and a full-time, permanent job offer from a Nova Scotia employer.

novascotiaimmigration.com/immigrate/skilled-worker/frequently-asked-questions/#sthash.OeDB8afO.dpuf
novascotiaimmigration.com/new-immigration-pathway-created-for-international-students/#sthash.LXL9ddAp.dpuf
novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ApplicationGuideNSNP_SW_JUNE2014.pdf

6. Saskatchewan

www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/sinp

All applications received on or after January 2, 2014 will be subject to the new program criterion.

Changes to the Student streams include:

The Post Graduation Work Permit and the Master's and PhD Graduate sub-categories will be combined into one Student sub-category.

Saskatchewan graduates will be required to have a skilled job offer in Saskatchewan relevant to their education in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Matrix level "A", "B" or "0", or in a designated trade in Saskatchewan (Skilled Workers/Professionals Sub-Category) or a job offer requiring post-secondary education. Work experience requirement continues to be six months, (with minimum 960 hours) of paid employment in Saskatchewan.
(*Eligible types of work experience in Saskatchewan include on- campus, off-campus, co-op terms, graduate fellowships that can be verified by your institution, and work experience gained on a post-graduate work permit.)

Out of province graduates will be required to have a skilled job offer in Saskatchewan relevant to their education in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Matrix level "A", "B" or "0", or in a designated trade in Saskatchewan (Skilled Workers/Professionals Sub-Category) or a job offer requiring post-secondary education; and must work in Saskatchewan for two years prior to application, (with minimum 960 hours) of paid employment in Saskatchewan.
(*Eligible types of work experience in Saskatchewan include on- campus, off-campus, co-op terms, graduate fellowships that can be verified by your institution, and work experience gained on a post-graduate work permit.)

LIMITED NUMBER OF APPLICANTS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNDER EACH CATEGORY FOR THE CALENDER YEAR OF 2014.

APPLICATION INTAKE THRESHOLDS AS OF SEPT. 1, 2014:

CATEGORY APPLICATION QUOTA FOR 2014 REMAINING APPLICATIONS

Students - Out of Province Graduates 250 250
Students - Saskatchewan Graduates 400 343

Hence, it has become very difficult to qualify, given the limited number of places, when many international students coming to Saskatchewan each year.
SIMILAR quota (varies by different categories) rule applies for applicants to the SINP Health Professions Category, who must already be working full-time in Saskatchewan as a physician, nurse or other health professional on a temporary work permit for at least six months in order to apply. Hence, now SINP/Saskatchewan is no longer an option for easy PR.

www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student
www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/sinp-application-intake-thresholds

www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/health-professions

7. Newfoundland & Labrador (NL)

If the recognized course of minimum of two years in length at the undergraduate level or a minimum of one year at the graduate/PG level. ,is done from an educational institute based in NL province, then no need to work for any duration. 1 can directly apply for PNP nomination , provided they have a skilled job offer (NOC O,A or B), in their field of study in province of NL. Students who have completed their studies from an educational institute based outside the province of NL, must work for 12 months in a skilled job before applying for NL PNP.
www.nlpnp.ca/student.html

8. Quebec

Quebec Graduate stream (PEQ) :
Do any 2 acd. years/ 1800 hours (usually 13-16 months, depending upon the DVS diploma) UG diploma course or 2 UG courses combining to total 1800 hours of study in Quebec, or any Bachelor/Master/PHD degrees.. in Quebec in FRENCH medium OR if studies done in English medium then show minimum UPPER intermediate level FRENCH language proficiency (from Aug 1 2013).. like passing DLEF B2 exam (with required marks of 16/25 in Listening and Speaking and overall minimum 50/100). Then one can qualify for direct CSQ/ Quebec selection certificate within 20 days under this stream . No questions asked but French UPPER intermediate level compulsory. When the international student receives Quebec CSQ, then he/she can directly apply for PR with the Federal Govt. In reality, this is one of the easiest PR programme.. no work ex or job offer needed nor any need to wok for any number of months... nothing.
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html
Eligible educational qualifications : www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/diploma-eligible.html

Quebec Regular program:
Foreign student in Québec studying high demand qualifications (only Quebec degrees/diplomas under Section A -16 points or Section B- 12 points are considered, as mentioned on the new 2013 List of Area of Training) which are atleast 900 hours/ 1 acd. year long can qualify under this route. It is a points based stream where knowledge of French is not compulsory. Although having some basic French proficiency like clearing level 1 DELF A1 exam will be seen as favorable during CSQ interview (if overall points below 55 for a single person). BUT now since new rules from 1 Aug. 2013, applicants will need to get till level 4 or pass atleast DELF B2 French exam even to get minimum points for French proficiency (If one wants to claim points for French proficiency, under this regular route).
(www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-language-proficiency.html).

POINTS GRID:
www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

Under this Regular route,
One as a single person, must get minimum 49 points to get called for interview (where remaining 6 points will be given on adaptability factors) or directly get min. 55 points so as to get direct CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate) without interview or need for any adaptability points.
One must study a minimum 12 or 16 points category Quebec qualification to qualify under this route (see new 2013 List of Area of Training pdf document) to qualify under this stream.
It's comparatively a lengthy route with much much longer processing times (as compared to Quebec graduate stream) .
Biggest negative point is that, this route has limited seats as it is clubbed with Quebec skilled worker's program,where the Ministère will receive a maximum of 6,500 new applications per year for a Certificat de séléction du Québec under the Program for skilled workers. This 6,500 quota is not applicable for students who have a valid job offer (minimum NOC C).
But, despite risks (only 6,500 limited seats or finding a valid job and long processing times), it's the only way for international students studying any 16 or 12 points recognized Quebec diploma and with NO French proficiency to have a chance at qualifying for CSQ, provided they have advanced English abilities (IELTS score) and preferably study a 16 points diploma.
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-quebec/index.html

To know about High demand qualifications for applying under regular program see new 2013 List of Area of Training (ONLY QUALIFICATIONS UNDER 16 POINTS OR 12 POINTS WILL BE ACCEPTED):
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

New Quebec immigration rules and procedures starting APRIL 1, 2014: www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html

AND

9. Federal

(A) CEC (Canadian Experience Class):
International students need to find ANY skilled job (NOC O,A or B) in any province (outside Quebec). Have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,Then, will be eligible for direct PR under federal CEC.

update on CEC:

Note: A maximum of 12,000 applications accepted under the CEC

Between November 9, 2013 and October 31, 2014, CIC will accept a maximum of 12,000 complete applications under the Canadian Experience Class. Within this cap, there will be sub-caps of 200 applications for each National Occupational Classification B applications.

You cannot use work experience in the following occupations to qualify for the CEC:

Following Skilled NOC B occupations are NOT eligible to apply under CEC:
Cooks (NOC 6322)
Food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211)
www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

(B) FSW PHD stream:
If you are pursuing a PhD at a provincially or territorially recognized degree-granting institution in Canada (or recently graduated from a Canadian PhD program), you may be eligible to apply for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Canada's flagship economic immigration program. This special eligibility stream is capped at 1,000 new applications per year.
Any international student enrolled in a recognized PhD program (any study area) in Canada who has finished at least two years of study toward a PhD and has accumulated atleast 1 year of full time or equivalent part time work experience as teaching assistant ( skilled occupation - 4012 Post-secondary teaching and research assistants in 1st 2 years while studying) can apply for PR directly. Limited to only 1000 applications. per year. The PhD applicants must like any other FSW applicants must meet all eligibility criteria of FSW like min. 1 year above said work experience; a minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or French in all four language skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing); and score of 67 points or higher on the FSWP selection grid.
The last cap year began on November 1, 2012, and ended on May 3, 2013. The new cap year began on May 4, 2013, and will end on April 30, 2014.
www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
FSWP section grid/points:www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Province of NEW BRUNSWICK as well as the three territories of Canada- YUKON, NUNAVUT and NORTHWEST TERRITORIES, DO NOT have any kind of provincial/territorial nominee programmes for the International students at present.

Additional info:

NOC - National Occupational Classification (2011) of Canada:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx

*** How to recognize NOC code of any occupation ***

The 4 Skill Levels, A to D, used in the NOC are identified by the second digit of the NOC code.

If 1st digit starts with 0 -- then it's managerial/management position. ----- SKILLED

If the 2nd digit is 0 or 1 - NOC A occupations ----- SKILLED

If the 2nd digit is 2 or 3 - NOC B occupations ----- SKILLED

If the 2nd digit is 4 or 5- NOC C occupations (Semi-Skilled)

If the 2nd digit is 6 or 7 - NOC D occupations (unskilled)

EXAMPLE :
NOC CODE: 7372 - NOC B. (Skilled)

Official Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp

Official CIC info on getting Study permit (student visa):
www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

For students from INDIA, applying for Canadian study permit through VFS:
www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/

To study in Quebec, one must additionally first apply for Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ):
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/immigrate-settle/students/obtaining-authorizations/certificat-acceptation/index.html

Official CIC info on student work permits:

PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit):
www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
Co-op / intern work permit:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-coop.asp

To apply for a study permit on or after June 1, 2014, you will need a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution. You need to include the Designated Learning Institution number (DLI #), which is the number that begins with the letter “O”, on your application form. Official CIC List of Designated learning institutions list, where international students Will automatically be qualified to work 20 hours/week.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp
www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp

NEW REGULATIONS REGARDING STUDY PERMIT:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-02-12.asp

*** Information on Change of college or course: ***
As a post-secondary student
You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor's to master's), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.
(www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15)
ADDITIONALLY, ONE MUST ONLY APPLY FOR CHANGING INTO ANOTHER DLI APPROVED INST. AND AS WELL AS INFORM CIC ABOUT THE CHANGE.

Only consult the ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council) registered immigration agents (if needed).
secure.iccrc-crcic.ca/search/
www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm

****** All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should always consult the official sites for latest updates.

jaimish123

Sep 10, 2014
hi tiger.....

hi bro ... i completed my 10th with 74%,12th with 74% and i have completed my bba with 69% (with out any backlogs). i would like to go to canada or usa for my further study..
my questions are ...
1) i am very much confused between (one year or two year) and ( p.g in finance or p.g in marketing) in canada,so now a days what is the best field for me (finance / marketing... one yr / two yr)in which canadian college?
2) another thing is, i completed my b.b.a before 4 months ago and right now i am involving in preparation of ielts so i have not any kind of work experince ....i think to join mba but in usa and canada fees of m.b.a universities are very high for international students.... so please give me name of valuable university of canada and usa which provides me m.b.a course as same as fees of p.g course ,{ without gmat and without work experience } and [ only base on score of ielts and 12+3. ]...
3) which area of canada is better for business related education and work....? { toronto,ontario, saskatchewan, manitoba, alberta? }
4) if i will do p.g thn i will easily get the job or not???
.............please fast give me valuable reply bro ... because right now i am very confused ... so..

M.C.

Sep 9, 2014
Hello

I want to pursue my career in two year graduate certificate program for winter intake in computer science. Can anybody help me differentiating among conestoga college and centennial college of ontario province.
I will be highly thankful for your replies.
please do reply...please...asap..as i have to apply in a day or two.

Regards
M.C.

sahil rana

Sep 16, 2014
plz anyone i want to study in canada in intake is jan15 and want a job and a pr i m cnfused plz help me
my qualification r
10-65%
12-68%
b.com-56%

my whatsapp no is 9780811181 plz contack if possible i will b really thnkfull to u all

nish_game

Sep 18, 2014
Tiger bhai, I am a graduate engineer (electrical), with 6 years of full time work experience in India, IELTS -6.5 and now planning to pursue a 1 years PG course (Project Management , as already have 6 years exp. in this field) from Either Centennial or Humber. Need your advise so as to which college is best in terms of placement opportunities as my only aim is to study and grab a professional job.
How tough is to get a professional job out there for experienced engineers as after studies i will have 1 year work permit to search for a job. Also which part of canada has the maximum job openings??? Please help brother

Kanika03

Sep 20, 2014
Hi!! I have done my bachelor in multimedia.. I am confused about which course should i choose to get visa for canada... I have two options which is interactive media design which is of 2 years. It is an undergraduate course from algonquin college Ottawa, and another one is project management which is of one year pg diploma in cennetail college ontario..which collège has good visa rate? Which course should i choose which goes with my previous study. Please reply to this query.