+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver to Seattle - Travel restrictions ??

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
Hi I am on closed work permit in Vancouver, I would like to travel to seattle for a day trip by car ( less than 24 hrs).
I would appreciate if somebody has travelled recently and know about if any issues at border and would like to share.
Appreciate somebody responding this query please.
Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi I am on closed work permit in Vancouver, I would like to travel to seattle for a day trip by car ( less than 24 hrs).
I would appreciate if somebody has travelled recently and know about if any issues at border and would like to share.
Appreciate somebody responding this query please.
Thank you.
1. Probably not a good idea
2. As you don't have the "right" to enter Canada, you will need the Arrive Canada App and "Foreign nationals without a valid negative pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test result, proof of a previous positive test result or who have symptoms of COVID-19 be denied entry into Canada. "

Given the ongoing situation in British Columbia, certain fully vaccinated B.C. residents will not have to take a pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test before coming back to Canada. This refers to residents:

• who must travel to the U.S. by land to access or purchase goods or services, and
  • who are absent from Canada for no more than 24 hours.

The exemption also applies to unvaccinated children under 12 years of age entering with one of their fully vaccinated parents, step-parents, guardians or tutors and a person with a contraindication to vaccination.

Travellers should ensure they are only within the U.S. for the required period to access or purchase goods and services and return to Canada as soon as possible, without any unnecessary stops. Those who attend social visits, events or functions would therefore not be exempt from the pre-arrival testing requirement. Travellers should also continue to follow all local, provincial/territorial and public health guidance including masking in public, and maintaining social distancing.