+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver oath experience

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hi,

I haven't received oath invitation yet (not even DM) but I was wondering if anyone who has taken the oath in Vancouver will be willing to please share their experience? I'm curious about whether the family members you bring to your oath ceremony will sit with you, or away from you in another part of the room? I read some forum posts that there was assigned seating. And how many family members were you allowed to bring? I would like to bring my mom and fiancé as they were both important parts of my Canadian journey but want to know whether I should set expectations from now itself if two people are not allowed.

Thanks in advance!

vanheartyvr

Mar 9, 2018
If your cerimony is held at their Expo Blvd location, there is a limit of 2 guests due to the building fire code. They won’t sit with you, as all people taking the oath have assigned seats, but they will be in the same room and will be able to see you taking the oath and receiving the certificate without a problem. My boyfriend was even able to take photos of me as I was sitting and sobbing, awaiting to become Canadian. I understand the waiting game sucks, but it will be over and it will be worth it, you will see. All the best!

Reactions: tenacioustopanga

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you!
Note that many people don't use up all of their guest allowance, especially when there are families taking the oath together. There was a 2 guest limit at my partner's ceremony but there were dozens of free seats and they were not monitoring how many guests were with each applicant.

Reactions: tenacioustopanga

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Note that many people don't use up all of their guest allowance, especially when there are families taking the oath together. There was a 2 guest limit at my partner's ceremony but there were dozens of free seats and they were not monitoring how many guests were with each applicant.
Oh that’s good to hear, thank you! Makes me feel more relieved