+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:
Today I became a Canadian citizen, many thanks to all of the contributors here for all the valuable advice and tips and best of luck to all those who are waiting. We applied in June 2013. So be patient people. All the best and time to move on and get on with life as a proud Canadian.
Oh wow, congrats! Hopefully we keep hearing good news from Vancouver office!!

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will they are doing 2 ceremonies a day, it took us 5 month from test to oath.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
Got my oath ceremony scheduled end of April, according to eCAS. No letter yet.
Oh wow, congrats! Our test date is exactly the same!! I checked my eCas but no Oath invite yet :(

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Empirical Scientist ......

Congratulation to you .... Bravo

I am Happy for you....

All the best for your future plan in this new country

adygeorge

Apr 8, 2015
Hello everyone!

I applied for citizenship on March 5th, they received my application on March 9th and I got an AOR vie email on March 27th with ECAS status of "received".

Any else has an alike timeline? Hope that after having to pay 630 dollars for the application, processing times indeed speed up.

Also several friends of mine from Montreal had their ceremony on the same day as their test - right after they pass it and get the result and talk to the citizenship judge. Would be rad to have the same process in Vancouver!

curious78

Apr 29, 2014
jujuberanch said:
Have you received the notice in the mail yet? I have not received my notice, which was mailed out last Thursday.
No, not yet. looks like the good friday break is causing some delays...Please let me know if you receive it

Thanks,

ms12001w

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Hi guys,

has anyone used ELSA language certificate in BC for citizenship purposes?

can you share your experience what was needed and how to get it?

please help

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to basharar and to those who have recently got their oath invites.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
I did my citizenship test today, it was pretty easy. I finished it in 5 minutes and reviewed it for 2 minutes, then I waited for half an hour to be called, the officer had all my information even the translation of my stamps (not in English) that I submitted for my application, she asked me a few routine questions then checked the stamps with the dates on my CSBA, and checked a few things on the file she had for me. She said you are good to go and you will receive your oath letter in main in 2-4 months. does anyone know how long will it take to get the oath letter nowadays?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
I did my citizenship test today, it was pretty easy. I finished it in 5 minutes and reviewed it for 2 minutes, then I waited for half an hour to be called, the officer had all my information even the translation of my stamps (not in English) that I submitted for my application, she asked me a few routine questions then checked the stamps with the dates on my CSBA, and checked a few things on the file she had for me. She said you are good to go and you will receive your oath letter in main in 2-4 months. does anyone know how long will it take to get the oath letter nowadays?
People have been waiting for 5-6 months, but it seems like it's speeding up. We will see I guess.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was 2-3mos., but people have been receiving one in 4-5mos. lately. So just sit back and relax,you'll get one soon.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Bakaboy said:
You guys received the actual paper oath invitation yet? Still waiting for mine. :eek:
Not yet. The letters were just "mailed" April 2. That was the Thursday before Good Friday. Which means that Canada Post has picked them up on Monday and they should be in our mailboxes by tomorrow (Friday). I've seen longer delays as well.