blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jerodkillick said:
Ok.. this is what the letter contains:

If you PASS the citizenship test/interview, meet all requirements, and your files is approved, you will receive an invitation to attend a citizenship ceremony in Castlegar, BC on October 2nd. If you do not pass the test and/or your application does not meet all the requirements you will NOT receive your citizenship on Oct 2nd. The CIC staff will advise you of what the next steps of the application will be.

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
when did Vancouver office start handing out Oath letter right after passing citizenship test?
but if it does happen, good for you
i submitted my file to vancouver but for some strange reasons (that i do not know of) my file was transferred to Calgary CIC. My letter came from the Calgary office. I called the call centre and they said that it is ok. Just have to bring my BC IDs

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blestcheche said:

If you PASS the citizenship test/interview, meet all requirements, and your files is approved, you will receive an invitation to attend a citizenship ceremony in Castlegar, BC on October 2nd. If you do not pass the test and/or your application does not meet all the requirements you will NOT receive your citizenship on Oct 2nd. The CIC staff will advise you of what the next steps of the application will be.
this is something unprecedented so where r u writing the test this thursday morning, castlegar or vancouver?if its vancouver, does it mean u need to rush to " castlegar " ( 630 km from vancouver ) to take otah?
lucky u

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
this is something unprecedented and man, so after u pass exam in vancouver this thursday morning, u need to rush to " castlegar " ( havent google mapped it yet ) to take otah?
lucky u
im not taking the exam in vancouver. Im taking it in castlegar bc. 8am. sandman hotel. 30 minutes away from me. and I'm a woman :)

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blestcheche said:
im not taking the exam in vancouver. Im taking it in castlegar bc. 8am. sandman hotel. 30 minutes away from me. and I'm a woman :)
regardless, congraz

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and for the record i wasn't expecting it either. before i got the letter i checked my ecas and it was updated saying they sent me a letter for test. so i assumed it will be in vancouver so i told my hubby to book 3 days off so we have plenty of time to drive to vancouver and all that jazz. so when i got the letter a day after i was surprised that they are doing the test and oath close to home.

i guess i lucked out. again the file seemed to be transferred to calgary but i applied in vancouver so i don't know what happened there.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think Vancouver CIC is really trying to maintain one year application time for single applicants. Since belestcheche had her application in Sept and its now a year they have decided to have her oath and test on the same day. This will fit in well with the CIC stastistical curve.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
I think Vancouver CIC is really trying to maintain one year application time for single applicants. Since belestcheche had her application in Sept and its now a year they have decided to have her oath and test on the same day. This will fit in well with the CIC stastistical curve.
She applied in nov, lol. but yeah.her timeline is within 12 month

and i think as long as Vancouver is able to increase the number of ceremonies each month, the process could be even shorter.

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
She applied in nov, lol. but yeah.her timeline is within 12 month

and i think as long as Vancouver is able to increase the number of ceremonies each month, the process could be even shorter.
Well I heard two other similar stories long ago in Calgary office. Normally it takes so long in Calgary to schedule a test and since after August all officers can approve the file, would not be so hard to believe it is actually happening.

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
blestcheche said:

wow you live in the perfect world! Ace your test and double congrats in advance!

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
I am feeling absolutely amazing!!! I am so excited for my October 31 ceremony date! I even feel quite emotional about it. Few events in my life have meant so much. We are a lucky lot we are to have the opportunity to become Canadians. Cheers to you all!