+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
rbao0128 said:
Hi there

I am still new to this forum and I've got a question that I would like hear some answers form y'all.

I wrote my citizenship test on July 4, 2014. While the officer was checking my stamps in my passport during my interview, she noticed that there were a few stamps missing from my passport. And i told her that it's because my passport had been water damaged in the past which was prolly why a few stamps might had gotten washed off. The stamps that were missing were from my two vacations in Mexico in 2012. She asked me to mail my itinerary from these two trips (e.g. flight info, hotel booking etc) to prove that I was indeed away during these time. She also gave me a form that reads as the following

Subject: "Notice to Applicant--Request For Documentary Evidence of Your Residence in Canada"

"In order to assist Citizenship Judge (.........) please submit following documents." There is a generic list of things they may request including passports, rental agreements, employment records, original transcripts, notice of CRA assessment, provincial health clam summary, etc.

And I am currently still waiting for my oath letter. Another thing that is worth mentioning is that I was never RQ'd.

Is it normal that i am still waiting for my oath letter? Any other July test takes out there who are on the same boat?

Cheers

I had a missing stamp as well, but I had the itinerary and the officer took it from me. My test was on July 2nd, and I got invitation for oath on Sep 15th.

I believe if you handed your documents shortly after your test, your oath shall be coming very soon. Call CIC and ask them about the status of your application.

rbao0128

Sep 10, 2014
Oct13 said:
I had a missing stamp as well, but I had the itinerary and the officer took it from me. My test was on July 2nd, and I got invitation for oath on Sep 15th.

I believe if you handed your documents shortly after your test, your oath shall be coming very soon. Call CIC and ask them about the status of your application.
Now I really wish that I had handed in the required documents in person instead of mailing them. When i called CIC they told me that it could take months before the Vancouver office opens the envelopes.

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
yes....and get CBSA report...there are many forum posts on how to do that. Its easy as I understand.

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
and print off any itinararies you have...that should do it! And remember, it all depends on the officer you get. If you here in canada with calculated days well beyond the 1094, then you should be just fine. That was the reason I was given...because I filed only 9 days after reaching the cuttoff. Lets all stay hopeful and not go to a tragic place. It is going to all work out as it should.

rbao0128

Sep 10, 2014
Oct13 said:

so i just called and the CIC rep told me that she didn't see any notes on my file stating all the documents have been received. She said there is a very good chance that the Vancouver office simply doesnt put any notes on file even if after they receive my documents. She said I should expect my oath anytime before February 5, 2015. Oh emm gee... I don't want to wait for that long :'(

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
rbao0128 said:
so i just called and the CIC rep told me that she didn't see any notes on my file stating all the documents have been received. She said there is a very good chance that the Vancouver office simply doesnt put any notes on file even if after they receive my documents. She said I should expect my oath anytime before February 5, 2015. Oh emm gee... I don't want to wait for that long :'(

Do not worry about the message you got from the CIC agent. If you call again, you will get another message!
I believe the person told you before the 5th of February, as one of them once told me that they have to schedule the oath within 6 months of the test. And the agent who answered your call miscalculated the 6 months for you! I believe he meant 5th of January.
When I called again after I got such message, I was told that they have up to 24 months :)
Then when I called again, I found that I am scheduled for oath.

So simply keep calling until you get a feeling of what message to trust! And most importantly be optimistic!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello :)

I applied for passport this afternoon :) It is good they are open up to 5:30pm. So I did not need to take off from work.

I should get it in the next 10 business days :)

Tomorrow's Friday! It always bring good news.. brace yourself...

It is gonna rain with test and oath notices :)

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
Do not worry about the message you got from the CIC agent. If you call again, you will get another message!
I believe the person told you before the 5th of February, as one of them once told me that they have to schedule the oath within 6 months of the test. And the agent who answered your call miscalculated the 6 months for you! I believe he meant 5th of January.
When I called again after I got such message, I was told that they have up to 24 months :)
Then when I called again, I found that I am scheduled for oath.

So simply keep calling until you get a feeling of what message to trust! And most importantly be optimistic!
READY FOR OATH? ITS 4 DAYS AWAY!!

Pureminded

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmed10-2013 said:
Hello :)

I applied for passport this afternoon :) It is good they are open up to 5:30pm. So I did not need to take off from work.

I should get it in the next 10 business days :)

Tomorrow's Friday! It always bring good news.. brace yourself...

It is gonna rain with test and oath notices :)
You got that long receipt with Sept 25th as a pickup date ;D ?

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everybody...

here'e my time line:

Applied: November 15, 2013
Processed: April 18, 2014
Test and Interview: August 6, 2014
Oath: October 6, 2014

yessssssssssss...... ;D :D ;D

Canadian, eh!!!!

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrdrs said:
hello everybody...

here'e my time line:

Applied: November 15, 2013
Processed: April 18, 2014
Test and Interview: August 6, 2014
Oath: October 6, 2014

yessssssssssss...... ;D :D ;D

Canadian, eh!!!!
gd news always comes on friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz