hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
Hi Steeles,

I took my test in Vancouver DT office. What is your local office?
Well, don't worry ... In my case they told me today that Judge has approved your file on August 12th and waiting for oath schedule. My guess is, there are a lot of applicants waiting to take oath. "Fingers crossed"

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
hamedsilent said:
Well, don't worry ... In my case they told me today that Judge has approved your file on August 12th and waiting for oath schedule. My guess is, there are a lot of applicants waiting to take oath. "Fingers crossed"
I can sense that its coming... High likely September 29. 8)

MSK7275

Jun 11, 2014
Time to say good bye
We took oath on September 5th, 2014 and applied for Canadian passport yesterday.
Good luck to everyone in process. Have patience, it will come.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MSK7275 said:
Time to say good bye
We took oath on September 5th, 2014 and applied for Canadian passport yesterday.
I am applying passport tomorrow :)

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MSK7275 said:
Time to say good bye
Congrats to you and your family! Please do drop by now and then :)

rbao0128

Sep 10, 2014
Hi there

I am still new to this forum and I've got a question that I would like hear some answers form y'all.

I wrote my citizenship test on July 4, 2014. While the officer was checking my stamps in my passport during my interview, she noticed that there were a few stamps missing from my passport. And i told her that it's because my passport had been water damaged in the past which was prolly why a few stamps might had gotten washed off. The stamps that were missing were from my two vacations in Mexico in 2012. She asked me to mail my itinerary from these two trips (e.g. flight info, hotel booking etc) to prove that I was indeed away during these time. She also gave me a form that reads as the following

Subject: "Notice to Applicant--Request For Documentary Evidence of Your Residence in Canada"

"In order to assist Citizenship Judge (.........) please submit following documents." There is a generic list of things they may request including passports, rental agreements, employment records, original transcripts, notice of CRA assessment, provincial health clam summary, etc.

And I am currently still waiting for my oath letter. Another thing that is worth mentioning is that I was never RQ'd.

Is it normal that i am still waiting for my oath letter? Any other July test takes out there who are on the same boat?

Cheers

rbao0128

Sep 10, 2014
Opps forgot to mention in my previous post

The officer asked me to mail my itineraries to the Vancouver office where I had taken my exam and my interview.

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
This exact story happend to me as well. Except, the destinations I went to did not stamp my passport. Officer was very kind. Gave me the same form. I went home directly from interview, printed off the itineraries of the two places I traveled to, and dropped it off at the front desk with the officer, whome put it all in an envelope and showed me what to put on the front (case number, etc.).

I called CIC two days ago. They told me that the record shows my required items were handed over to them the same day of the request, and that I should be getting an invite for oath sometime in next few weeks. He emphasised he could not tell me when, but that all the required documents were now on file. I have not received an oath letter yet. My test was July 17th. I am hopeful.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jerodkillick said:
This exact story happend to me as well. Except, the destinations I went to did not stamp my passport. Officer was very kind. Gave me the same form. I went home directly from interview, printed off the itineraries of the two places I traveled to, and dropped it off at the front desk with the officer, whome put it all in an envelope and showed me what to put on the front (case number, etc.).

I called CIC two days ago. They told me that the record shows my required items were handed over to them the same day of the request, and that I should be getting an invite for oath sometime in next few weeks. He emphasised he could not tell me when, but that all the required documents were now on file. I have not received an oath letter yet. My test was July 17th. I am hopeful.
i guess they dont care if you went to usa and passport didnt get stamped?

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
out of the two trips I took out of Canada, one was to the USA, Alaska. The other was Cuba. So yah...it is important to have CBSA, or stamps in passport. CBSA would have worked if I had it on hand at interview.

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
but....it all depends on the officer you happen to get an interview with....