Vancouver Applicants

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmed10-2013 said:
This is good news! I am getting optimistic again!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
just check ur ecas everyday, some ppl say it appears there b4 u receive the actual letter

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
u4g5 said:
Great to hear.
I took the test and interview on June 4th
Still nothing today lol
Not sure how they prioritize applications for oath
Good to hear that they're moving though!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vbomb said:
Great to hear.
I took the test and interview on June 4th
Still nothing today lol
Not sure how they prioritize applications for oath
Good to hear that they're moving though!
Check ur ecas everyday, I personally know two applicants oath taking date is Aug 22nd.

One is June 4th, the other one is June 10th. I am checking my e-cas everyday.. lol.. :)

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello, yes they hgave me exact 7 days to prepare and to be honest I am not sure how well will I perform on the exam day as am very stressed. For those who got interviewed..I got a lay off in jan (while I was on vacation) and then I stayed at my husbands rental accommodation in Calgary ( I got married this Feb) as I was looking for a job. However, I did not get my address changed in Vancouver because he had a rental accommodation and was in the process of buying a house, and I didn't change my address for the fear of losing mail in transition. Which is why I am flying to Vancouver. But last month I got a job in Calgary...and we have a house as well. But I still didn't get my address changed. Can this cause a problem in an interview?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cit_izen said:
Hello, yes they hgave me exact 7 days to prepare and to be honest I am not sure how well will I perform on the exam day as am very stressed. For those who got interviewed..I got a lay off in jan (while I was on vacation) and then I stayed at my husbands rental accommodation in Calgary ( I got married this Feb) as I was looking for a job. However, I did not get my address changed in Vancouver because he had a rental accommodation and was in the process of buying a house, and I didn't change my address for the fear of losing mail in transition. Which is why I am flying to Vancouver. But last month I got a job in Calgary...and we have a house as well. But I still didn't get my address changed. Can this cause a problem in an interview?
u know what, just be honest during the interview when they ask about ur current job/family situation. life is changing all the time and tell them you will be happy to travel back to take oath in Vancouver. good luck

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
cit_izen said:
I do not see anything that you should worry about!

The day after my test, I moved from Vancouver to Edmonton and I have not changed my address. During the test interview, I told the officer that I am moving and I gave her my new employer name, and I asked her if it is good to change the address to Edmonton or to leave it Vancouver. She said it is totally up to me, and I chose to leave it Vancouver hoping that the oath would come soon.

It did not come yet though, but as for the address and moving here and there in Canada, there is nothing to worry about.

Congratulations on your marriage and good luck with your test!

tlc83

Aug 22, 2014
cit_izen said:
Sure
Applied: june 2012
started processing: Jan 2013
Test: 22 aug 2014
I have almost exactly the same dates. No Rq No nothing and I freaked out when it passed the 24th month mark.All th best!

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
It's Friday! Hopefully there are good news for some of us and then it will be a domino effect. Have an amazing weekend and try not think about your pending application and the weeks will fly by so fast. ;D Cheers

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan said:
It's Friday! Hopefully there are good news for some of us and then it will be a domino effect. Have an amazing weekend and try not think about your pending application and the weeks will fly by so fast. ;D Cheers
I like the domino effect :) ahahaha..

Happy weekend everyone!

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
5 more days til long weekend and september 2014.
good news r coming soon!!!

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
Awww how I love my Vancouver thread :)

Happy weekend guys! ;D
love it better when u guys come share good new. cuz vancouver is claimed to be one of the slowest office in Canada. got very discouraged.
i know a lady who applied in dec got nothing so far, but maybe bcuz she doesnt work and only look after her 4 yr old since he was born.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
u4g5 said:
love it better when u guys come share good new. cuz vancouver is claimed to be one of the slowest office in Canada. got very discouraged.
i know a lady who applied in dec got nothing so far, but maybe bcuz she doesnt work and only look after her 4 yr old since he was born.
Since when did working become part of citizenship requirement? Anybody works 2 or 3 jobs must be getting oath by 3 months after applying then.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Since when did working become part of citizenship requirement? Anybody works 2 or 3 jobs must be getting oath by 3 months after applying then.
It wasn't meant that way. It is just easier to prove residency when you are working, Employment certificate, NOA, etc.

He didn't mean it "working" is a requirement :)

It is Friday :) Vancouver wake up.. ;D ;D ;D