+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
My Received line disappeared too. Not sure when exactly, but within the last 4-5 days for sure.
Wish we have test invites within couple of months.

Application Received: Oct 21, 2013
In Process: Jan 21, 2014
Local office - Vancouver

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stork1 said:
Hi All,
My Received line disappeared too. Not sure when exactly, but within the last 4-5 days for sure.
Wish we have test invites within couple of months.

Application Received: Oct 21, 2013
In Process: Jan 21, 2014
Local office - Vancouver
Doesnt it take local office months(duno how long, heard vancouver is the slowest) to process?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
Doesnt it take local office months(duno how long, heard vancouver is the slowest) to process?
a few months to get the test for sure.
If RQ, a year haha...Vancouver office is super slow.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nguyentu2001 said:
a few months to get the test for sure.
If RQ, a year haha...Vancouver office is super slow.
thats why need to submit additional documents to avoid RQ

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know that Vancouver is super slow, but somehow I have a feeling that most applications received in 2013 will be processed by the end of this year. This is only my feeling (speculation as one may think), but I feel myself lucky.
It will be unfair to all those who had to wait 24+ months, but we already see that the wait times are improving.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stork1 said:
I know that Vancouver is super slow, but somehow I have a feeling that most applications received in 2013 will be processed by the end of this year. This is only my feeling (speculation as one may think), but I feel myself lucky.
It will be unfair to all those who had to wait 24+ months, but we already see that the wait times are improving.
when cic only process 100k a yr while annual application received r 350k, of course applicant will be waiting a long time. Its the governments fault. It will show in the next election, even if they on pace to grant over 240k citizenship this year.

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
when cic only process 100k a yr while annual application received r 350k, of course applicant will be waiting a long time. Its the governments fault. It will show in the next election, even if they on pace to grant over 240k citizenship this year.
They increased the fees and are hiring more people. Secondly, once the proposed bill becomes a law, they will have at least couple of months break. That's why I am so positive.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stork1 said:
They increased the fees and are hiring more people. Secondly, once the proposed bill becomes a law, the will have at least couple of months break. That's why I am so positive.
Let's stay positive and wish all those who have waited long enough to get Test Dates and Oath Dates, so everybody happy :)

No To RQ please :)

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whats up, vancouver. saw other thread that only take 6-7 months from start to finish (toronto), how come we r that much slower?? Come on, CIC!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
whats up, vancouver. saw other thread that only take 6-7 months from start to finish (toronto), how come we r that much slower?? Come on, CIC!
I know.. even December applicants from other Local offices already have test invites :)

But weather is so nice today. We can for a moment forget about our applications and enjoy the weather.. :)

Jul 7, 2013
Hi! Please help me.

I was asked to take a speaking test or ielts exam. But i already passed my ielts result with which the result is no lower than 7. Should I take it again?

Also, I already sent my passport together with my other documents. However, I received an email that the validity of the passport should be 2 years, is there a way that I could get my passport from the embassy for me to be able to renew it? The expiration of my passport is this coming March 2015. I sent it to them last year.

Hope to hear from you guys! Thank you so much! Be blessed!

applicant20

Feb 19, 2014
harley_icuspit said:
Hi! Please help me.

I was asked to take a speaking test or ielts exam. But i already passed my ielts result with which the result is no lower than 7. Should I take it again?

Also, I already sent my passport together with my other documents. However, I received an email that the validity of the passport should be 2 years, is there a way that I could get my passport from the embassy for me to be able to renew it? The expiration of my passport is this coming March 2015. I sent it to them last year.

Hope to hear from you guys! Thank you so much! Be blessed!
is this for citizenship application? Why would they want to keep your passport for citizenship?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Both my wife and I got oath letter today for March 24.
Please see my signature for timeline.
I got RQ but it is now almost over.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nguyentu2001 said:
Both my wife and I got oath letter today for March 24.
Please see my signature for timeline.
I got RQ but it is now almost over.

;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;)

tnangers

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My timeline is: sent Oct,5 2013
received Oct 8,2013
start processing: Jan 15, 2014
E-cas updated: request documents, sent letter on Mar 6, 2014 (according agency, he said CIC needs my school records). But I havenot received letter yet.
My local office is Surrey