+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan said:
They say Patience is a virtue! The longer you wait, the more priceless things become. The agony of waiting and the unknown is very distressing. Hopefully this week will end your agony. You'll be surprised how strong a positive mind could bring. Cheers! ;D This Friday will bring you ecstacy and i meant ecstacy as an adjective and not MDMA :p Keep your spirits up! Nyt!
Thanks vanvanvan ;D hehehehe for "ecstacy".

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:
congrats bosmek ;D

what is the fastest record for citizenship app? not in Vancouver of course, not expedited,
I read somewhere here in the forum - 5 months only - submitted:May 2014, test: Aug 2014, oath: Oct 2014
that is so amazing....................
It's Vancouver local office indeed! Sophie Anne was granted the day she was born : ;D ;D ;D ;D Cheers!

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
It's Vancouver local office indeed! Sophie Anne was granted the day she was born : ;D ;D ;D ;D Cheers!
3-5 month after test is such a long wait

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Just joined this forum. Thanks a lot for providing us updated information here, it is extremely useful for everyone who has immigration / citizenship application in process.

Anyway, sent my Citizenship application on Aug 14th 2014, it was delivered on Aug 18th 2014, but still have not heard anything back from them. Isn't it getting a little bit late for receiving the Application receipt confirmation?

Thanks.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi OP_POP according to CIC call center they are opening 19th June 2014 applications as of now.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks canucksrig,

I read this forum more and it seems like July applications are getting their confirmation now....

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndrewE said:
Passed my test today. Getting in line for the oath invitation!
can u share more info? such as test questions and interview questions, thanks

AndrewE

Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as the test questions go, you are not supposed to discuss them. But I can say that the questions were all from the Discover Canada book and there was a wide spectrum of difficulty. Some questions were so easy it made me smile, and some others I had to go back to and really think about..

The interview didn't last more than 4-5 minutes. The officer asked me about who else in my family was in Canada, what their status was. What I did for a living, and since I am a biz owner, she asked about how much taxable income I declare every year. I did have my T4s and T5s etc but she didn't want to see them (I offered). Pretty straight forward stuff..

u4g5 said:
can u share more info? such as test questions and interview questions, thanks

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndrewE said:
As far as the test questions go, you are not supposed to discuss them. But I can say that the questions were all from the Discover Canada book and there was a wide spectrum of difficulty. Some questions were so easy it made me smile, and some others I had to go back to and really think about..

The interview didn't last more than 4-5 minutes. The officer asked me about who else in my family was in Canada, what their status was. What I did for a living, and since I am a biz owner, she asked about how much taxable income I declare every year. I did have my T4s and T5s etc but she didn't want to see them (I offered). Pretty straight forward stuff..
Thanks. hopefully u will get your oath letter soon.

yanvan

Sep 23, 2014
Finally...

Here is the time line.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 9, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 9, 2012.

We started processing your application on February 2, 2013.

We sent you a notice on May 6, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 22, 2014. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

We sent you a notice on October 7, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 31, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

2 more weeks. It is for Halloween to do Hail O Queen! ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...