+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

nadalowna

Apr 30, 2014
My timelilne here
Application received: February 14, 2014.
Started processing your application on March 27, 2014.

I found out my application was transferred to Vancouver when I called CIC on the first week of April.

dalton

Apr 5, 2010
So I'm a little confused about what all the lingo you guys use actually means.

I sent my application on April 16, 2014 by registered mail.
It was received by them on the April 22, 2014 (as per Canada Post).

Since then I have got no updates. I have tried logging in online with a variety of numbers but always get:

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:"

Is this normal? I have been using confirmation of PR number.

I haven't received any correspondence from them since I sent. I'm a little worried an email has got buried.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@dalton

It may so be that CIC hasn't yet opened your file. You should be getting something by next week. The average time is 45 days (application received to some status update)

@nadalowna welcome to the group :)

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
dalton said:
So I'm a little confused about what all the lingo you guys use actually means.

I sent my application on April 16, 2014 by registered mail.
It was received by them on the April 22, 2014 (as per Canada Post).

Since then I have got no updates. I have tried logging in online with a variety of numbers but always get:

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:"

Is this normal? I have been using confirmation of PR number.

I haven't received any correspondence from them since I sent. I'm a little worried an email has got buried.
If you are using your PR card number (in the front of the PR card, its 8 digits xxxx-xxxx), the identification type should be Client ID Number, not Permanent Residence Card Number. Try using with out the hyphen (-), as in xxxxxxxx

Hope that helps

You may also call the CIC number to see where the application is.

Ray

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC, latest status, verifications are done at the local office, waiting to set a test date, fingers crossed!

tnangers

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmed10-2013 said:
Oh my God.

I have notice to appear exam for June 24th :)

Thank you so much Lord :)
Congrats to you charmed10-2013. We have the similar time line, but I haven't got the notice for exam yet. :( I'm frustrated now. Most of October applicants got their notice of exam except me.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tnangers said:
Congrats to you charmed10-2013. We have the similar time line, but I haven't got the notice for exam yet. :( I'm frustrated now. Most of October applicants got their notice of exam except me.
thanks tnangers!

yours will come soon, just regularly check ecas. My letter came just today, 4 days after Ecas was updated.

Goodluck everyone :)

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whats up Vancouver? i am joing in very soon, like next week after i send out my application. still in the process of gathering documents, getting passport stamps translated. i have passed the 1095 mark for 3 days, right on time b4 the new bill come into effect!
keep the good news coming!!!!!!!!!!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
"We sent you a notice on June 10, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 2, 2014 at 8:04 AM."

Thanks God!
Yehheeyyyyy :) I knew it :) Congrats!

Goodluck to all of us who are taking the test soon..

and test notice for all those waiting for exam.. :)

nadalowna

Apr 30, 2014
Hi guys
did you photocopy all the pages of your passport?
The guideline doesn't say you have to but Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Document(s).
I did not do it and also I don't get entry stamps at the airport anymore as I just use the computer system now.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
congrats! do you know when your file was transferred to the vancouver office?

Oct13 said:
"We sent you a notice on June 10, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 2, 2014 at 8:04 AM."

Thanks God!