+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
raymasa said:
Hello all,

Is there anyone on the forum who applied in March 2014 or before and still waiting for test date? I applied in March, apparently my application was sent to local office in June and received sometime in July.

Call centre says no issues with the application, but I haven't received a test date yet. Noticed on the spreadsheet that few people in Vancouver who applied in April have received test dates, getting a bit worried.

Ray
Hi Ray, I applied on March 2014, process started on April 17 and I got no test date yet. However, my wife applied on June 2014, process started in the end of July and she will have her test in a week. It's like a lottery :)

ms12001w

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Hi Guys,

i am a Vancouver applicant i had a question about the test, do we need to know information abut our city such as : the name of the mayor, vancouver MP, electoral districts of Vancouver, etc? i practiced Richmond library online test and it asks all sorts of questions about Richmond...are we supposed to know those kind of things?

also, the documents that we need to take with us for the interview, do i need to print my application form and residency calculator as well? or just supporting documents?

please help.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unlucky day, test canceled. Hopefully a new test will be scheduled , think whoever is supposed to do test today will have to wait maybe couple more weeks.
Be safe!

ms12001w

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
u4g5 said:
Unlucky day, test canceled. Hopefully a new test will be scheduled , think whoever is supposed to do test today will have to wait maybe couple more weeks.
Be safe!
are you saying today's test in Vancouver was cancelled? why?

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
ms12001w said:
Hi Guys,

i am a Vancouver applicant i had a question about the test, do we need to know information abut our city such as : the name of the mayor, vancouver MP, electoral districts of Vancouver, etc? i practiced Richmond library online test and it asks all sorts of questions about Richmond...are we supposed to know those kind of things?

also, the documents that we need to take with us for the interview, do i need to print my application form and residency calculator as well? or just supporting documents?

please help.
no you dont need to but its nice to know

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
ms12001w said:
Hi Guys,

please help.
as long as I know this website can help you with government information.
http://www.toptipsclub.com/Citizenship_Test_Index_PR.asp

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
latitudeofgratitude said:
Mmm ??? So just for the purpose of updating my knowledge bank, is it really a fact that welfare support is considered in the Citizenship Decision making?
IMO, one of CIC's job is to protect Canadian. Bringing more people with social welfare all the way, will give trouble to Canada's economy.
Another thing I forgot, that would make application being processed longer, is if you lost your passport. But this way would be given RQ most of the time.

rbao0128

Sep 10, 2014
OMG Called CIC today and the agent told me that the oath letter has been sent as of today and I have been scheduled for the oath ceremony on November 7th at 1:30pm. Finally the wait is overrrrrrrrr! But this information has yet to be updated on the on-line service.

My Timeline

Application Received November 18, 2013
Started processing application February 4, 2014
Citizenship Test July 4, 2014
Oath Ceremony November 7, 2014

Total days: 354 days

Good luck to everyone else!!!

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rbao0128 said:
OMG Called CIC today and the agent told me that the oath letter has been sent as of today and I have been scheduled for the oath ceremony on November 7th at 1:30pm. Finally the wait is overrrrrrrrr! But this information has yet to be updated on the on-line service.

My Timeline

Application Received November 18, 2013
Started processing application February 4, 2014
Citizenship Test July 4, 2014
Oath Ceremony November 7, 2014

Total days: 354 days

Good luck to everyone else!!!
congrats! ;D

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Pel said:
Hi Ray, I applied on March 2014, process started on April 17 and I got no test date yet. However, my wife applied on June 2014, process started in the end of July and she will have her test in a week. It's like a lottery :)
Lottery indeed. Happy for your wife and others who have received test dates. But the process is stressful with no transparency....:(

Ray

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
raymasa said:
Lottery indeed. Happy for your wife and others who have received test dates. But the process is stressful with no transparency....:(

Ray
yeah... we have to be patient, that moment is close Im sure. Wish you a fast and smooth processing