Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2018
LANDED..........
07-07-2018
I am a chartered accountant by profession and plan to land next year in Canada.

With respect to finance related jobs, I have read a lot that Canadian CPA is a must in order to compete with local talent and land a great job at the first try after migrating there.

I would like to know if that is indeed the case or i can survive on the basis of my chartered accountancy qualification from Pakistan.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013

With respect to finance related jobs, I have read a lot that Canadian CPA is a must in order to compete with local talent and land a great job at the first try after migrating there.

I would like to know if that is indeed the case or i can survive on the basis of my chartered accountancy qualification from Pakistan.
It depends on what sort of job you are seeking. Plenty of small companies would be comfortable hiring you based on your Pakistani qualification, but to get into a larger firm, the Canadian CPA is essential.

Milsrome

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
CA
LANDED..........
July 2017

Connect with your province of destination's CPA (Chartered Professional Accountants) Regulatory Body on the necessary steps you need to do for your CPA designation in Canada. It is a process so it's better to start before arrival. You still can find an entry level positions like Financial Analyst, Accounting Assistant, Accounts Receivables, Bookkeeper and others position close to CPA while processing your CPA designation. Cashiering is not too close to accounting though... to help you on your settlement preparation and employment enrol to SOPA register at www.arriveprepared.ca this is a free program funded by Canadian government to immigrants still arriving in Canada