+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validity of documents after ITA

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Hi guys,

can anybody please confirm validity of following documents? These are the files we need to upload after receiving an ITA.

- Background check (Police certificate)
- Offer of employment (I assume there is no validity since it's basically a contract that I signed years ago)
- Employment records (Reference letters) from previous employers (let's say I quit my job in 2012 - does my reference letter need to be from 2017 or 2013 is good enough?)
- Letter of employment

I know following:
- Medical exam (12 months)
- IELTS, CELPIP (24 months)

Reason I'm asking is because I've received an ITA before, uploaded everything and my application was later refused (or rejected I'm not sure). So I'm just checking if I can upload very same documents that I've uploaded before.

Thank you! :-[

Reactions: anushaji2010

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For previous work experience reference letters from 2013 will do.

Your offer letter and letter of employment have to be updated since you're claiming having a valid job offer.

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
So for employment history we have to upload all of that? Are the reference letters not enough or it is just beneficial to add the other documents as well?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UnleashedFX said:
So for employment history we have to upload all of that? Are the reference letters not enough or it is just beneficial to add the other documents as well?
No.

The placeholders for letter of employment and offer of employment are only required to those claiming 50/200 points for having a valid job offer.

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
No.

The placeholders for letter of employment and offer of employment are only required to those claiming 50/200 points for having a valid job offer.
Got it. Thank you.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
DelPiero07 said:
No.

Are you sure with that? I'm not claiming 500 neither 200 points for having a valid job offer and CIC want me to upload these anyway. I assume it's for anybody who claims any previous work history.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anford said:
Are you sure with that? I'm not claiming 500 neither 200 points for having a valid job offer and CIC want me to upload these anyway. I assume it's for anybody who claims any previous work history.
That's because you answered "yes" in the very first question of intended work section.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
DelPiero07 said:
That's because you answered "yes" in the very first question of intended work section.
Yes, I did. You are right! Thanks and sorry for all confusion to the others.

anushaji2010

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2018
AOR Received.
19-05-2018
Hi guys,

can anybody please confirm validity of following documents? These are the files we need to upload after receiving an ITA.

- Offer of employment (I assume there is no validity since it's basically a contract that I signed years ago)
- Employment records (Reference letters) from previous employers (let's say I quit my job in 2012 - does my reference letter need to be from 2017 or 2013 is good enough?)
- Letter of employment

I know following:

Reason I'm asking is because I've received an ITA before, uploaded everything and my application was later refused (or rejected I'm not sure). So I'm just checking if I can upload very same documents that I've uploaded before.

Hi Anford,

I am in your position now. My application was rejected in April. However, fortunately I obtained an ITA in June and am in the process of updating my documents.

I have retaken my IELTS test, obtained new police certificates for my husband and myself. As I am presently unemployed, my employment letters and other related employment certificates are intact from my last application submission.

However, I am confused regarding the medical validity. It is mentioned clearly that an upfront medical is valid for 12 months. But, in some places I see that it is said our upfront medicals must be valid until our landing in Canada. This could easily take upto six months or more for their processing of our complete application.

Now, I have already done my upfront medical examination in Feb 2017 when I received my previous ITA. If the medicals are truly valid for a year, I do not need to take another medical exam if I am to submit my new PR application by September 2017. But, I cannot understand if the medicals would lapse if I dont submit my full application before September (February to August is six months).

Please shed some light on this.

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
You should know 100% why your application was refused!!!

Hi guys,

- Letter of employment

I know following:

Hi Anford,

I am in your position now. My application was rejected in April. However, fortunately I obtained an ITA in June and am in the process of updating my documents.

I have retaken my IELTS test, obtained new police certificates for my husband and myself. As I am presently unemployed, my employment letters and other related employment certificates are intact from my last application submission.

However, I am confused regarding the medical validity. It is mentioned clearly that an upfront medical is valid for 12 months. But, in some places I see that it is said our upfront medicals must be valid until our landing in Canada. This could easily take upto six months or more for their processing of our complete application.

Now, I have already done my upfront medical examination in Feb 2017 when I received my previous ITA. If the medicals are truly valid for a year, I do not need to take another medical exam if I am to submit my new PR application by September 2017. But, I cannot understand if the medicals would lapse if I dont submit my full application before September (February to August is six months).

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Hi Anford,

Hmm.... hard to say, CIC website says this (as you've probably seen) "Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam.".

I think you can apply with your upfront medical examination from Feb 2017. You can basically upload this result of your medicals until Feb 2018. And if the officers ask you for example in September 2018 (after PPR) to take another medicals, you will just have to do it... But you should be fine with your medicals for your new ITA (AOR).

anushaji2010

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2018
AOR Received.
19-05-2018
You should know 100% why your application was refused!!!
What I know is what CIC has mentioned in their letter of rejection to me. It says that my application is incomplete because I have not provided a PCC covering a previous stay of over six months in India after I turned 18.

anushaji2010

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2018
AOR Received.
19-05-2018
Hey Anford.
Thanks a lot for the reassurance. I intend to submit the same medicals again.

Hmm.... hard to say, CIC website says this (as you've probably seen) "Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam.".

I think you can apply with your upfront medical examination from Feb 2017. You can basically upload this result of your medicals until Feb 2018. And if the officers ask you for example in September 2018 (after PPR) to take another medicals, you will just have to do it... But you should be fine with your medicals for your new ITA (AOR).