+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

valid work permit then applied to OWP

Seaciel

May 22, 2012
help!

i still have a valid work permit from my employer (till 2016), but since my partner is a skilled worker we tried to apply for OWP and I got approved. :)

1. Am i still under contract with my previous employer? i informed them that i already have my OWP, they are not accepting the time availability that i wanted because they were insisting that i am still a TFW so i don't have any choice but to accept the schedule they will give me.

2. that if ever they allow me to use my OWP, they will decrease my hourly rate and terminate me after the expiration of OWP (valid till 2015)

varunsabhlok

Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
02-08-2014
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Time to find a new job.

Seaciel said:
help!

i still have a valid work permit from my employer (till 2016), but since my partner is a skilled worker we tried to apply for OWP and I got approved. :)

1. Am i still under contract with my previous employer? i informed them that i already have my OWP, they are not accepting the time availability that i wanted because they were insisting that i am still a TFW so i don't have any choice but to accept the schedule they will give me.

2. that if ever they allow me to use my OWP, they will decrease my hourly rate and terminate me after the expiration of OWP (valid till 2015)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You are under no such obligation.

Even if you didn't have an open work permit, you do have rights and your employer must abide by certain rules. There are formal guidelines on CIC website if you are not being paid the salary quoted earlier or face any other kind of misuse of temp work permit program