+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid US Visa holder financial requirements

Jan 2, 2020
Please help me, I am confused on few points, I will try to be as brief as possible.

My Background: I am applying for tourist visa (TRV) with my wife and a daughter ( 24 years, earning around CAD 1900 per month) for 8 days stay in Canada, my wife is housewife dependent on me. We are all having a valid US Visa (till 2024) and have all travelled to US and returned back within validity period. Actually, we will be taking a cruise from Vancouver, and going to Alaska.

Query: 01. Have I to apply for entire family together or for my daughter separately since she is not dependant as per Canada Policy?
02. How much income should I have (for supporting me and my wife) and my daughter earning CAD 1900? LICO (Low Income Cut off) has been given as CAD 25338 for individual and CAD 31554 for two persons. Is this applicable on us?
03. I donot have a registered marriage certificate, is affidavit from notary public valid proof?
04. My daughter lives in seperate city? If I apply jointly then will she have to give biometric with me ? How to inform that she will give biometric in other city.
05. I heard that for valid US Visa holders there is a separate category in which the processing is done faster? Is it so and do I have to do anything for applying under this category?

I will be very thankful if someone can help me in this regard? Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Please help me, I am confused on few points, I will try to be as brief as possible.

My Background: I am applying for tourist visa (TRV) with my wife and a daughter ( 24 years, earning around CAD 1900 per month) for 8 days stay in Canada, my wife is housewife dependent on me. We are all having a valid US Visa (till 2024) and have all travelled to US and returned back within validity period. Actually, we will be taking a cruise from Vancouver, and going to Alaska.

Query: 01. Have I to apply for entire family together or for my daughter separately since she is not dependant as per Canada Policy?
02. How much income should I have (for supporting me and my wife) and my daughter earning CAD 1900? LICO (Low Income Cut off) has been given as CAD 25338 for individual and CAD 31554 for two persons. Is this applicable on us?
03. I donot have a registered marriage certificate, is affidavit from notary public valid proof?
04. My daughter lives in seperate city? If I apply jointly then will she have to give biometric with me ? How to inform that she will give biometric in other city.
05. I heard that for valid US Visa holders there is a separate category in which the processing is done faster? Is it so and do I have to do anything for applying under this category?

I will be very thankful if someone can help me in this regard? Thanks.
1. No, you daughter has to apply separately. You should put a note on both the applications that you are going on the cruise together.
2. Assuming you have pre-paid the cruise you should show at least 5/6K in savings, include a copy of your cruise contract.
3. The LICO doesn't apply for visitors.
4. See 1, so her bio metrics would be done close to where she lives.
5. Yes, it is called Can +

Reactions: Vikas Agarwalla
Jan 2, 2020
Hi

1. No, you daughter has to apply separately. You should put a note on both the applications that you are going on the cruise together.
2. Assuming you have pre-paid the cruise you should show at least 5/6K in savings, include a copy of your cruise contract.
3. The LICO doesn't apply for visitors.
4. See 1, so her bio metrics would be done close to where she lives.
5. Yes, it is called Can +
Thank you so much for prompt and precise reply.

Jan 2, 2020
Thank you so much for resolving most of my doubts, one query has remained unanswered. Please can you answer to my query no.03. I do not have a registered marriage certificate, is affidavit from notary public valid proof?

There is one more doubt, For Can+ category do I have to follow any separate procedure or it will automatically be treated in that category? Thanks in advance.

Jan 2, 2020
I have one more query, hopefully the last one: No proof has been asked financial status, is it required to give bank statement, or some finacial proof? Thank you in advance once again.