+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid or expired PCC.

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Hey there,

I just have a question regarding the validity and expiring of PCCs.

I haven't left Canada in the last two years. years. The last time was a trip to my home country, Germany, in December 2015.

I have a German PCC that was issued on June 7th 2016, my AOR was June 8th 2017, CEC.

According to CIC, If the current country of residence is different from the home country, the PCC has to simply be issued after you last lived in that country.

"
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
  • Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate."

Considering I have been residing in Canada and they conduct their own RCMP checks, and I haven't left in the last two years, is my German PCC valid, even though it is a single day over one year old? That was an older rule, as far as I know.

I appreciate any input. Thanks and good luck everyone.

Reactions: Nimrod

rosamae

Star Member
Sep 17, 2010
Hey there,

I just have a question regarding the validity and expiring of PCCs.

I haven't left Canada in the last two years. years. The last time was a trip to my home country, Germany, in December 2015.

I have a German PCC that was issued on June 7th 2016, my AOR was June 8th 2017, CEC.

According to CIC, If the current country of residence is different from the home country, the PCC has to simply be issued after you last lived in that country.

"
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
  • Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate."

Considering I have been residing in Canada and they conduct their own RCMP checks, and I haven't left in the last two years, is my German PCC valid, even though it is a single day over one year old? That was an older rule, as far as I know.

I appreciate any input. Thanks and good luck everyone.
Hi,

Just want to know if you submitted your expired PCC when you applied for your PR. Did the officer asked you to submit a new one after you submitted the expired one? Your input is very much appreciated.